Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Peterson, Berto and Tarver Be Banned for 4 years Like Larry Olubamiwo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Peterson, Berto and Tarver Be Banned for 4 years Like Larry Olubamiwo?

Larry Olubamiwo, a UK fighter who tested positive for banned substances, has recently been banned for 4 years in total.

Should American fighters Lamont Peterson, Andre Berto and now Antonio Tarver also be banned for 4 years as a penalty for testing positive for banned substances?

I don't care much for Peterson or Berto but I'm still shocked about Tarver being tested positive, he's one of my favorite fighters. But nevertheless, I have to reluctantly include him in this equation.
    4 year ban (same as Olubamiwo)
    36.11%
    3 year ban (Olubamiwo's 4 year ban is too much)
    0.00%
    2 year ban (Olubamiwo's 4 year ban is too much)
    22.22%
    1 year ban (Olubamiwo's 4 year ban is too much)
    25.00%
    upto 6 month ban (Olubamiwo's 4 year ban is too much)
    13.89%
    No Ban (and Olubamiwo should not be banned at all)
    2.78%

not every positive test is the same Berto case sounds like contamination still should be fined but he wasn't trying to cheat it was just stupidity

Comment

yes ban all these cheating fucks

Comment

I say this......

1st time: 1 year
        2nd time: 2 years
        3rd time: Life

4 years for the first time is too much. Margarito had f**king bricks in his gloves and was only banned for a year.

Comment

I think 12 - 24 months is a perfect ban. Long enough to lose money and pick up ring rust but hopefully not too long to damage a talented individual.

No one deserves to lose their life to a drugs cheat, but equally the drugs cheat doesnt deserve to lose their livelihood and career.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            I say this......

1st time: 1 year
            2nd time: 2 years
            3rd time: Life

4 years for the first time is too much. Margarito had f**king bricks in his gloves and was only banned for a year.
            This is the best answer for me.

Comment

1 year ban if it is found to be accidental and with small amounts in their system (like Berto).

Lifetime ban for everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                I think 12 - 24 months is a perfect ban. Long enough to lose money and pick up ring rust but hopefully not too long to damage a talented individual.

No one deserves to lose their life to a drugs cheat, but equally the drugs cheat doesnt deserve to lose their livelihood and career.
                yes they do,cause a loss in boxing is a huge setback to peoples careers,people can get killed in the ring,anyone caught cheating should be banned for life imo cause they are a piece of ****

Comment

I don't think anyone should be banned until it is well proven that they were purposely cheating. Then ban them for 6 months with a heavy fine and a warning that if they are caught again they are banned for life.Banning a fighter for 4 years on the first offense is way to harsh.It ruins their career and takes away their means of making a living. Berto was found to have such a tiny amount of ped. in his system that it could not possibly help him in any way. It seems obvious to me that Berto took a legal supplement that was contaminated with just enough ped. to show up on the test. I think Berto did not try to cheat and should not be fined or banned at all. I am not a Berto fan but he should be treated fairly. On the others I think they should wait until all the facts are in.

Comment

I'm not sure how long they should be banned from the sport, but there's no question that they need to be banned. They're cheats, they got caught, and they deserve to be punished severely.

Comment

Working...
                    X