Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If LAKERS make the playoffs this upcoming season does KOBE win MVP?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you mean 'if'?

i have them penciled in at 63 wins and battling the Spurs for the top seed

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      what do you mean 'if'?

i have them penciled in at 63 wins and battling the Spurs for the top seed
      only 63 wins?

you think kobe will miss 15 games or so?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        only 63 wins?

you think kobe will miss 15 games or so?

well yea...they'll lose a game here and there due to being bored..im realistic..not a homer

you hearing the Beasly rumors? likes to get high and drive with guns in his car? perfect fit for LA...we get him, we're flirting with 70

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
          Real talk Lakers need to be more worried about how Randle develops and Jordan Hill. They are your X factors. We all know Boozer will get 15-20 points with close to 10 rebounds, Lin will get you 10-15 and 20 on a good night, Young will get you 10-20 while Kobe should get you anywhere from 15-30 compared on how well he comes back and how well Scott manages his minutes.

Randle needs to develop well and be a player who can make key plays. He can't bust are you guys all already eliminated off the bat. Hill needs to find his inner Noah. Noah is my fav. Player but he's not even talented at all....he just scraps! He fights each and every play. If Hill can hustle and just stay in opponents grill every shot and scrap In that paint the Lakers have a real shot.

Scott is a solid coach so the key thing here is letting Young and Lin play quality minutes to keep Kobe and Nash healthy. If their healthy the Lakers have a deep team that could make noise. No doubt.
          Lakers are still another 2-3 years away from competing for titles. Best case scenario this year.....

Kobe can still average in the low 20's, with around 5-6 dimes and 5 boards. Randle has a solid rookie year, and develops his jump shot a little bit. And Jordan Clarkson shows he can give solid minutes from the bench, perhaps shows glimpses of being a good 6th man. Lin has a decent year, does better with more opportunities in LA than he had in Houston. Nick Young gives us someone who can score from the bench or in the starting 5. Get more respectable and win 35-45 games.

Show that Kobe can still play well for that last year in 2015-2016, and that we have a good some pieces in Randle and Clarkson. that way we can lure in a top tier free agent Summer 2015, like Rondo or Marc Gasol or something. Then become legitimate playoff contenders for a Top 4 Seed in the West. Then lure another top tier free agent out West in 2016 when Kobe is retired.

Then we could be competing for titles.

Comment

rondo. bleh....

rather have lin tbh. cheaper too.

it's a cycle. 1988-2000 title drought. 2002-2009 title drought.

1991-2000 finals drought. 2004-2008 finals drought.

7-12 years for a title. 4-9 years for finals appearance.

lakers made/won finals last in 2010.

so at worst lakers make finals 5 years, title 8 years.

i'm young enough to see it.

mak.... i don't know.... he's old.

Comment

rondo. bleh....

rather have lin tbh. cheaper too.

it's a cycle. 1988-2000 title drought. 2002-2009 title drought.

1991-2000 finals drought. 2004-2008 finals drought.

7-12 years for a title. 4-9 years for finals appearance.

lakers made/won finals last in 2010.

so at worst lakers make finals 5 years, title 8 years.

i'm young enough to see it.

mak.... i don't know.... he's old.
              Lakers need a PG who can distribute the ball. The Lakers always go a few years before being in contention again.

After the run with Chamberlain in the early 70's, they had a couple subpar years, picked up Kareem, were better but still no finals. Got Magic, and with Kareem and later Worthy, had a dynasty in the 80's.

After Magic, a couple more years of first round exits/non contention, then in consecutive drafts they picked up Van Exel and Jones to pair with Divac, were back into contention.

Then of course, they added Shaq a year or two later, just couldn't over the hump till Kobe came into his own and they added Phil. Back into a mini dynasty by 2000-2001.

Then Shaq left, and the Lakers were subpar/first rd exit team for a few years. They added Gasol, and were back into title talk and picked up two with him. As Gasol got older, and the NBA blocked the Chris Paul trade, it took LA longer to bounce back this time. Right now, they are a few years away again. I'd bet by next year, Lakers are back into the middle of the West and add a top tier free agent. Then when Kobe is off the books in 2016 and 2017, they will be back into title contention.

Comment

the lakers reloaded pretty well.

cp3 deal got blocked.

dwight turned out to be a biatch.

mitch kupchak has been good.

jim buss screwed up coach hirings trying to keep phil away.

that's where they screwed up.

with a coach other than dantoni, dwight/gasol/kobe wouldn't have struggled. kobe maybe doesn't hurt himself playing 40mpg trying to carry them to the playoffs.

Comment

the lakers reloaded pretty well.

cp3 deal got blocked.

dwight turned out to be a biatch.

mitch kupchak has been good.

jim buss screwed up coach hirings trying to keep phil away.

that's where they screwed up.

with a coach other than dantoni, dwight/gasol/kobe wouldn't have struggled. kobe maybe doesn't hurt himself playing 40mpg trying to carry them to the playoffs.
                  I agree. Dwight/Gasol/Kobe with Phil running the show probably would have won 55+ games. I like Mitch, he's done a great job with LA. Jim needs to go. I was stunned when they didn't offer Phil the job.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X