No announcement yet.

Ugas on Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugas on Porter

Just saw this post from Ugas, it's in spanish, so I'll translate to the best of my abilities, I liked what he had to say.

Hoy fue una gran conferencia sobre la pelea de Porter y Spencer. Leo mucha gente poniéndo mi nombre porque piensa que soy yo el que debería estar unificando campeonato en una gran pelea contra Spencer. Pero te voy a decir lo que pienso. Porque siento que nosotros los peleadores tenemos que apoyarnos entre nosotros. Independientemente de lo que viste y piensas sobre la pelea nuestra esa noche, eso pasó y de todas maneras Porter merecía una gran pelea y estar protagonizando un PPV lo que sueña todo peleador. El no se ganó ese combate esa noche en mi pelea, no, él se lo ganó en años de una gran carrera. Es uno de los mejores welter de esta generación, ha vencido a 5 campeones mundiales y tiene posiblemente el mejor resumen de cualquier 147lb en el deporte. El 28/9 cuando veas o compres la pelea vas a ver un guerrero que ha trabajado duro para llegar allí. Eso es una gran pelea y yo también voy a disfrutarla. Con la bendición de Dios, orula y los orichas voy hacerme un campeón del mundo, pero ya hoy estoy donde he soñado. Suerte y éxitos para Porter. Respeto para todos los peleadores. #thankgod #chango #orula #TheblkPrince

Today there was a great conference about Porter vs Spence. I read a lot of people mentioning my name because they think it should have been me in the unification fight against Spence. Let me tell you what I think. As I think that all fighters should support each other. Apart from what you saw and what you think about our fight that night, that's in the past and anyways Porter deserves a big fight, headlining a PPV, like every fighter dreams of. He didn't win that right that night we fought, he won it with years of a great career. He is one of the best welters of our generation, he's beaten 5 world champions and he's got arguably the best resume of any welter. On Sept 28 when you watch or buy the fight, you are going to be watching a warrior that has fought very hard to get there. It will be a great fight that I am going to enjoy too. With God blessings and orula and the orishas(african religion) i am going to be a world champion too as i am already where i have dreamt of. Good luck and succes to Porter. Respect for all fighters.

Great respect.

Comment

Now why can't Manny do this when he loses??

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        Bad shoulder, bad scorecard, bad PEDs (or maybe JMM had BETTER PEDs), Bop my manager

Comment

Wow thats a unique take on a L. Respect to Ugas on looking at it that way when 9/10 cats would be talking down on the opponent or the outcome or the judges or something else he can't really do nothing about. He's controlling what he can & thats his attitude about the situation.

Cool sh^t, glad you posted that & translated it.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            LOL Wut? Been robbed 3 times in major fights and you say Manny is the one who can't be gracious in defeat ?

Comment

Originally posted by hmc87 View Post
              Bad shoulder, bad scorecard, bad PEDs (or maybe JMM had BETTER PEDs), Bop my manager
              Wait so actually having a torn rotator cuff is an excuse now? Obvious that you have never trained OR played a sport in any serious fashion in your life with a stupid statement like that.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                Wait so actually having a torn rotator cuff is an excuse now? Obvious that you have never trained OR played a sport in any serious fashion in your life with a stupid statement like that.
                Prayer and swimming in the ocean dont heal a torn rotator cuff

And the dude was throwing right hooks and jabs all night long. You cant do that with a torn rotator cuff.

Manny might've sprained something, sure, but he damn well didnt tear his cuff. And if he did it wasnt until 12th round or after the fight.

Nobody can fight with a torn rotator cuff. Nor can anyone fight with a torn ACL. Nor can anyone fight with a herniated disc. When fighters say those things I cringe out of embarrassment for their pride.

They think so highly of themselves they have to fabricate excuses to rationalize defeat. That is pathetic

Comment

Good for Ugas! I mean, he did piss & moan for weeks after the Porter loss. Maybe he's realizing he actually beat himself that night, at least that's what I saw.

My thing is, Ugas did too much posturing and not enough punching. He fought like he was the champ and Porter was the challenger, and it backfired.

He had an exceptional outing against Figueroa last month, and I say exceptional because he started to fight a fight he didn't have to fight (excessive holding and sometimes loading up on shots), but finished strong.

I'd still love to see him in against anybody at 147. Good luck, champ!

Comment

Working...
                  X