Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Vernon Forrest fighting on the Taylor-Froch undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    You don't make any money for not fighting. The injuries forced Vitali to step away. Do you really think he feared Hasim Rahman? Do you really think that fight would have been competitive, then or now?
    Then or now are two different stories. Then, Rahman most definitely would've been far more competitive. Now, he's a joke. And whether he was making money or not he held the belt hostage for years while making dates and cancelling them...countless times. That's just absurd and is the very definition of avoiding your mandatory. I'm surprised at some people - there's no doubt Vitali is a handful for anyone but he's not some sorta God. For goodness sake his best win is over Samuel Peter. I mean, come on.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Then or now are two different stories. Then, Rahman most definitely would've been far more competitive. Now, he's a joke. And whether he was making money or not he held the belt hostage for years while making dates and cancelling them...countless times. That's just absurd and is the very definition of avoiding your mandatory. I'm surprised at some people - there's no doubt Vitali is a handful for anyone but he's not some sorta God. For goodness sake his best win is over Samuel Peter. I mean, come on.
      It's a difference of opinion I guess. To me ducking is not when you open a training camp only to be sidelined by annoying injuries. It is when you choose other opponents instead of a deserving mandatory, like Vernon Forrest is. I just can't grasp how you think Vitali would open a training camp and then cancel out of what should be an easy fight if he was physically able to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
        What time you planning on getting there I haven't thought bout it yet.
        I'm probably gonna go early and catch the whole card or most of it at least. I'm interested to see Fury, that freak.

Comment

Originally posted by Canada Joe View Post
          He wasn't "trying to make Maskaev his mandatory" at that time.
          Are you sure? I could have sworn he was trying to get a fight with Maskaev during that whole mess, hold on Ill look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
            Are you sure? I could have sworn he was trying to get a fight with Maskaev during that whole mess, hold on Ill look it up.
            aye, here we go.
            http://www.e astsideboxing.com/news.php?p=3902&more=1

dont know the whole story, but Vitali was looking to get a fight with Maskaev during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
              I'm probably gonna go early and catch the whole card or most of it at least. I'm interested to see Fury, that freak.
              Yeah it says starts 6:30 and Green was supposed to start @9, but that was b4 Vernon was added.

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
                Yeah it says starts 6:30 and Green was supposed to start @9, but that was b4 Vernon was added.
                It's weird to think I could've seen Vernon Forrest's last fight. I wish I had.

Comment

Working...
                X