Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could somebody defend Mike Tyson as an ATG for me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should modern champs get additional props just because modern Boxing has more titles?

Seems to me that the multiple titles just dumb down achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
      He unified the titles and didn't just beat, but pretty much completely dominated everybody put before him, the holmes win is underrated. He smashed Pinklon Thomas, took Biggs apart, smashed berbick, destroyed spinks, beat Tucker (who is very underrated these days). He ruled for a short period but was completely dominant in that period. His H2H ATG rating is far above his achievements rating because people who watch him when he was at his peak can do little but say f uck this guy is incredible.
      Agree with the bold, and that is really the bottom line. He is ranked on what he could have been given his natural talents..

Comment

That's cool, so I'll remember to put "All Star NBA player" on my resume from now on. Because, hey, if things had shook out differently, it might have happened, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          Pinklon Thomas! Tony Tubbs! Tyrell Biggs!

Yeah man, he really beat murderer's row, didn't he.
          Tyrell biggs was more talented than 95% of the Klitschkos resume.. Just saying.

Klitschkos didn't dominate shyt btw.. they got tko6ed, quit against a MW, and was brutally knocked out 3 times in prime to B Rated and journeyman fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            And on the other hand, when Tyson was younger than Wladimir is now he was quitting in his corner to a guy who wasn't good enough to even spar with Klitschko.
            Tyson was fighting Lewis at age 36, genius.

So you are saying that Holyfield isn't good enough to be Wlad's sparring partner? Because thats the only fight he "lost" prior to Lewis when he was 36, Wlad's current age.

Tyson would crack every bone in Wlad's skull and make it rain teeth if they ever fought.

Ruddock, Tucker, Spinks, Holmes, and Bruno were better than anyone either Klit has come close to beating.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
              Tyson was fighting Lewis at age 36, genius.

So you are saying that Holyfield isn't good enough to be Wlad's sparring partner? Because thats the only fight he "lost" prior to Lewis when he was 36, Wlad's current age.

Tyson would crack every bone in Wlad's skull and make it rain teeth if they ever fought.

Ruddock, Tucker, Spinks, Holmes, and Bruno were better than anyone either Klit has come close to beating.
              No, I was talking about Kevin McBride. I didn't bother to look up the ages.

All the macho talk about what Mike might have done to Wladimir sounds so stale and dated now. Like the way Tyson was talking about McBride, Lewis, and Danny Williams before he crapped out.

Thankfully Tyson has matured now and he candidly admits that Klitschko would have been a very tough fight for him. Unlike most of his fans, Mike really does know boxing.

Comment

Wladimir was knocked out 3 times in his physical prime, twice in his actual prime.
                Wladimir never ever take his opponents lightly, not once. He went into the Purrity,Sanders,and Brewster fight 100% focused and 100% well trained and lost.
                Not only that, Wladimir is the ONLY ATG HW that most people think would have lost a immediate rematch against an underdog.
                In other words, Lewis rematched Rahman and bombed him. Tyson would have been the heavy favorite if he rematched Douglas asap, I don't know if Wlad can beat Sanders if he rematched him 6 monthes prior to their first fight.

The bigger question is has Wladimir ever defeated anyone as good as Tony Tucker?

Have he?

Comment

Lol nvm

I'm not gonna talk that much trash ,but comparing Wladimir to the best version of Tyson is beyond a joke.
                  Last edited by FightScorer; 12-11-2012, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
                    Wladimir was knocked out 3 times in his physical prime, twice in his actual prime.
                    Wladimir never ever take his opponents lightly, not once. He went into the Purrity,Sanders,and Brewster fight 100% focused and 100% well trained and lost.
                    Not only that, Wladimir is the ONLY ATG HW that most people think would have lost a immediate rematch against an underdog.
                    In other words, Lewis rematched Rahman and bombed him. Tyson would have been the heavy favorite if he rematched Douglas asap, I don't know if Wlad can beat Sanders if he rematched him 6 monthes prior to their first fight.

The bigger question is has Wladimir ever defeated anyone as good as Tony Tucker?

Have he?

Who the hell did Tony Tucker ever beat? He lost everytime he stepped up. His only half-decent win came against Douglas who had been brutally knocked out several times by nobodies. That win is not on par with any of Wlads top 10 wins.

Tyson's resume sucks, people says Wlads does but it clearly p1sses all over Tysons and you can say his prime was wasted in jail as much as you like and make excuses for him but he will always be remembered as nothing but a wasted talent who didn't really beat anybody outside of a past it Holmes, a light heavyweight Spinks & pretty mediocre, 4-6 round fighter in Bruno.

IMO Tyson never beat anybody that compares to Sanders himself and Wladimir has improved immensely from his early losses spanning back to around a decade or more back.

It makes me laugh how every fighter from the past apparently knocks Wlad out cold because of a few losses around 10 yrs ago to underrated, good quality operators with bags of power especially considering this is all they have to go on and the fact they have just as embarrassing losses themselves.
                    Like it or not, Prime Wladimir is a problem for any heavyweight to ever live and will go down as a top 10 heavyweight when its all set and done. I'm a fan of Tyson and yes he could of been amazing but just like so many others; Judah, Ibaebuchi, Valero etc etc
                    its a case of should of, would of, could of.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
                      Lol nvm

I'm not gonna talk that much trash ,but comparing Wladimir to the best version of Tyson is beyond a joke.

No comparing a should of, would of, could of fighter who never had a career defining win to a great world champion who has reigned supreme for a decade and took on all comers is beyond a joke.

Sanders, Haye, Thompson, Chagaev, Ibragimov, Byrd, Brock, Peter, Chambers, Brewster >>>Light heavyweight Spinks, well on the slide Holmes, Bruno x2

Comment

Working...
                      X