No announcement yet.

Why does Manny employ Alex Ariza?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Manny employ Alex Ariza?

We all know Manny lost interest in following Ariza's strength and conditioning program, at least fully and properly, a few fights ago; he's admitted it himself, and before his last fight - or was it before JM3? - he talked about needing to go back to the plyometrics and intense strength work with Ariza that he attributed much of his success to in recent years. I just checked out Ariza's twitter and saw this:

HorheDyordz: Brother, is Manny Pacquiao submitting to your strength & conditioning regimen? (Ariza's reply) Not so much...

So if Manny isn't really following Ariza's regimen.... why the hell is he even employing him? Can we really expect a better Manny if he isn't following his strength and conditioning guy's program? I know Ariza has his detractors, but he's excellent at what he does and I think for Manny to have any chance of putting this one beyond doubt, he needs to train harder than he ever has.

They probably just walk into camp knowing that Pac's too nice to do anything about it and continue regimen.

Comment

Hasn't Freddie wanted to sack him for a number of years now?

Manny has been in physical decline for two years now I reckon, looking more and more lethargic in the ring with every fight.

So it depends how you look it, either Ariza is not the man to do this job anymore, or Manny is in irreversible decline and no conditioning coach on earth could reverse it.

I think it might be the latter. He was a truly phenomenal athlete, but he's 33, he's been fighting as a pro since he's been 15, and the decline has to come sooner or later.

The fact that he's got a good chin and can bang means he'll be able to mix it up for a good few years. But I expect him to get outboxed and outpointed and a number of occasions in the years to come, before he hangs them up for good.

Comment

Ariza begged for mercy not to sack him. It's not easy for Reverend Pacquiao to sack people, you know.

-----()-------

Comment

Alex Ariza knows his **** but goddamn that guy is unprofessional.

Comment

well why does pac still keep michael koncz who is hated by everyone in pac's camp?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
              well why does pac still keep michael koncz who is hated by everyone in pac's camp?
              the 64 million question.... and why the hell he borrowed money from visionqwest to buy him a house? does he blackmail pacquiao?

Comment

Pacman keeps these guys around because they stroke his ego, he is just like Floyd in a sense that they love to have a lot of people around who kiss their butts they love hanger ons. Ego maniacs are like this they can't be alone.

Comment

What the hell does a professional boxer at Manny's level need with a strength and conditioning coach?

If he is doing what he should be doing in the gym already, he should be in fantastic shape without anything else added.

Comment

Cause Alex know polymetrics and brings his own equipment. To anyone who havent done polymetrics its the real deal **** you boner will even get harder.

Pure core, and that transfers your leg power to your arm better and perfect technique then you a beast.

Comment

Working...
                    X