No announcement yet.

The Mayweather That Fought Gatti Was The Prime Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mayweather That Fought Gatti Was The Prime Mayweather

Just screwing around on youtube i came across the Mayweather/Gatti fight.

Of course I had already seen the fight but looking back at it now and comparing to present day Floyd, I'm pretty convinced the Mayweather that fought Gatti that night was the prime Mayweather.

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post

Of course I had already seen the fight but looking back at it now and comparing to present day Floyd, I'm pretty convinced the Mayweather that fought Gatti that night was the prime Mayweather.

Floyd Prime, but Gatti had been shot for 5 years good cherry picken

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post

I love to watch that fight.

I love to watch Gatti take a beating from Mayweather AFTER Floyd talked so much ****.

Comment

this point of his career floyd mayweather was the best 140 fighter of all time

no one- NO ONE would beat this floyd mayweather

so what does he do? doesnt cement his legacy- thats what pisses me off- no cotto, sergio, margarito- pacquiao fights?

how can you respect floyd when he ducks like that?

i respect, no i LOVE his skills- i'm in awe of his natural God given ability, his perfect jab, his movement- reflexes, his ability to make the other guy miss before he's even thrown a punch

but- legacy? without fighting the best is no legacy

Comment

IDK if that was officialy his prime. I think moreso Floyd just screwed up his career alot early. He had a bad contract with Arum that wouldnt allow him to get big money fights, so that made him chase the huge Oscar pay day but Oscar was alot of weight classes up. In turn this made Mayweather move up alot of weight classes in a short period when he wasnt even that big.

Thats why I disagree some when people say the Gatti fight was his prime. It may have been but it may not have. I think he didnt look as great after that for the simple fact that he shouldnt have been at WW. He was coming into the ring between 146-148 pounds for those fights. He couldve still made LW at that point. When he was fighting Gatti, he shouldve physically still been at LW.

If Floyd had stayed in his natural weight classes for the right amount of time then you wouldve seen a ton of Gatti like performances, just like you saw the N'Dou performance in his last LW fight, and now you are seeing the Mosley like performances finally at WW. Why? Because he's finally grown into the weight, unlike before

Comment

Mayweather was in his prime against N'Dou and his second prime against Bruseles.

He was shot to pieces against Gatti imo.

Comment

Why are people giving Mayweather props for this fight? Those same stans that jump on Mayweather nuts for this fight crap on DLH for beating Gatti/Hernandez way before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                Why are people giving Mayweather props for this fight? Those same stans that jump on Mayweather nuts for this fight crap on DLH for beating Gatti/Hernandez way before that.
                Gatti was at LW just a couple of fights before he moved up to fight Oscar at WW while Oscar was a huge WW that had been there for years and in his next fight move to 154 and a few fights later was at MW. It was almost like a LW vs a JMW that night. Gatti was so small at WW then that years later he was at 140 fighting Floyd. Meanwhile Floyd was just a 4 fights removed from SFW when he fought a Gatti that had been at 140 for years now and was a huge 140 pounder. Its not the same fight at all

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  Doubt that many of 'em were even watching boxing when DLH was fighting Gatti/Hernandez.

Comment

I agree. Physically, this was his prime.

Incredibely sharp at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X