Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Marquez rank above Morales and MAB NOW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Marquez rank above Morales and MAB NOW?

As far as I'm concerned Marquez undoubtedly won tonight's fight. It's irrefutable. He also has Floyd on his resume despite being schooled.

Morales beat pacman but didn't do as clean of a job as JMM. JMM managed to beat the "new and improved" version.

thoughts?

I honestly don't give a fuck what anybody says, Marquez CLEARLY won that fight. His style is just all wrong for Paquiao, im pissed but at the same time very proud of Marquez for proving everybody wrong.

Comment

For many many years, I have repeated my opinion;

"Marquez is a level below Morales and Barrera"

Tonight, he changed my opinion.

Comment

marquez is my personal favorite of the three even though i hold mab to high regards because he got me interested in boxing, but yeah, i think tonights unofficial win shows how great of a fighter he truly is.

Comment

I thought that even before tonight. The guy truly believes in himself and is just a smart warrior with massive cojones.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RICHLOC View Post

You tried to make a vid of Barrera schooling Marqeuz, but it looks like a Marquez highlight reel.

Comment

....IMO yes

Comment

No he doesn't.

People do this with Jones and Hopkins a lot. JMM has aged better than Erik and Marco. But he still can't match their resumes. And FWIW, I don't believe JMM beat Marco, and sure as hell not by the margins that he was given. All that said, JMM deserves credit for this 3rd Pac fight and it does add to his resume.

Comment

As far as im concerned. I never really understood why and you can check my past post why Donaire jumped ahead of Marquez in the P4P rankings. Marquez has only in my opinion dodged a fight with the Ghost. Which on a business side makes since and he would be crazy to retire if Arum really offers him 15 million for a rematch.

Irony

Southpaw Floyd fought a young hungry though inmature and inexperienced Ortiz for preparation for Pacquaio and besides the sucker punch was schooling the younger man on the art of a good jab and the straight right. Ortiz just couldn't get away from the straight right hand and was so frustrated that he had to head butt mayweather to cause any significant damage.

Counter Puncher and Circling to change the angles.

Pacquaio showed problems in the Cotto/Mosley fight with a guy with some ability to circle and keep there distance. Though this is running to avoid punishment it also thwarts his offense. To be perfectly honest there was no reason to stop the Cotto fight with the little time they had left and Cotto had taken worst punishment earlier. If Pac couldnt solve the movement piece and learn to cut off the ring to create his own angles the what would he do against a maser boxer like Floyd.

Has Mannys energy level went down or is he more cautios with Marquez because of the Counters. Its hard for me to believe that Marquez hits harder than Cotto and Cotto caught Pac with some hard shots. Although Cotto cant handle a quick handed hard puncher with great stamina, he kind of froze PAC with a good Jab and movement later in the fight. I guess we know now why Roach tries to gain every advantage that he can and thid time im so glad that it back fired. Marquez should atleast get 50/50 if he fights Pac again.

Clear sign of who won the fight is Roach and Arum saying Marquez deserves another fight with Manny. Please somebody show me once where Marquez even mentions a rematch. Hes clearly tired of getting robbed and I dont blame him. Cramps my anus. Skills pay the bills.

Comment

Working...
                    X