No announcement yet.

Boxing Quiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Quiz

Created By Myself. Everyone take part.......

1.How Many Amatuer Fights Did Jeff Chandler Have?

2.Which Fighter Was Laszlo Papp Ment To Fight For The World Title Before He Retired?

3.Who did former British champion & WBO title challager John Davidson KO in the ABA's to cause one of UK's biggest upsets in amatuer boxing?

4.How many amatuer fights did ''Irish'' Bobby Cassidy have?

5.Which Olympic champion did Sonny Liston beat in his Amatuer Career?

6.Who Was The African American Who Was Originally Ment To Face Marcel Cerdan on his USA Debut, But Never?

8.What Did Carlos Monzon Do To Cause Controversy, After His Jose Napoles Victory?

9.What Injury Did Rocky Graziano Claim To Have, When He Pulled Out Of The Jake Lamotta Fight?

10.Which Fighter Inspired Ken Buchanan To Start Boxing?

9. Rocky withdrew from the fight because of a left hand injury (he punched a tree) although I think he either faked it or did it purposely to avoid fighting LaMotta because he and Jake were good friends.

Comment

Bump. Get Thinking!

Comment

Come on you call this a boxing history section?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
          Created By Myself. Everyone take part.......

2.Which Fighter Was Laszlo Papp Ment To Fight For The World Title Before He Retired?

Joey Giardello?

3.Who did former British champion & WBO title challager John Davidson KO in the ABA's to cause one of UK's biggest upsets in amatuer boxing?

Ed Sanders, who won olympic gold in the famous fight where Ingo refused to engage.

6.Who Was The African American Who Was Originally Ment To Face Marcel Cerdan on his USA Debut, But Never?

Charley Burley, he went to see him in the gym and after seeing his skills he refused to fight him.

8.What Did Carlos Monzon Do To Cause Controversy, After His Jose Napoles Victory?

Something to do with a woman I assume...

9.What Injury Did Rocky Graziano Claim To Have, When He Pulled Out Of The Jake Lamotta Fight?

Punched a tree and broke his hand?

Not good on the ams....

Comment

Joey Giardello

Mike Devanney or Paul "Hoko" Hodkinson

None

Ed Sanders

Charley Burley

He began a very publicized romance with the famous actress and vedette Susana Giménez; they had previously met in the 1974 thriller La Mary, directed by Daniel Tinayre, where the two played husband and wife. Monzón hated paparazzi who detailed his affairs. He went to Italy with Giménez to participate in a movie, and started increasingly traveling with her to locations in Brazil and the rest of Latin America, letting himself be seen with her, though still married.

Rocky "claimed" he'd hurt..or broken his hand in training

Joe Louis
            Last edited by hhascup; 05-11-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post

Joey Giardello

Mike Devanney

None

Ed Sanders

Charley Burley

He began a very publicized romance with the famous actress and vedette Susana Giménez; they had previously met in the 1974 thriller La Mary, directed by Daniel Tinayre, where the two played husband and wife. Monzón hated paparazzi who detailed his affairs. He went to Italy with Giménez to participate in a movie, and started increasingly traveling with her to locations in Brazil and the rest of Latin America, letting himself be seen with her, though still married.

Rocky "claimed" he'd hurt..or broken his hand in training

Joe Louis
              Very impressive Henry. Although, number 3 was wrong. It was Paul Hodkinson who John Davison stopped in the ABA's to cause the massive upset.

And I guess there's two answers really, but the answer I was looking for was that Monzon never gave a urine sample after his fight with Napoles, causing a lot of debate and controversy.

But the rest were right.

Comment

Very impressive Henry. Although, number 3 was wrong. It was Paul Hodkinson who John Davison stopped in the ABA's to cause the massive upset.

And I guess there's two answers really, but the answer I was looking for was that Monzon never gave a urine sample after his fight with Napoles, causing a lot of debate and controversy.

But the rest were right.
                Yes, I also put in Paul "Hoko" Hodkinson after your post. He lost the final to Welsh wizard Floyd Havard but insists he won. He made the semis in 1986 and lost to Paul "Hoko" Hodkinson, the eventual winner, whom he had previously stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
                  Yes, I also put in Paul "Hoko" Hodkinson after your post. He lost the final to Welsh wizard Floyd Havard but insists he won. He made the semis in 1986 and lost to Paul "Hoko" Hodkinson, the eventual winner, whom he had previously stopped.
                  Your boxing knowlodge is amazing. How do you even know so much about the English Amatuer Boxing Scene? When your from the USA

Comment

Your boxing knowlodge is amazing. How do you even know so much about the English Amatuer Boxing Scene? When your from the USA
                    Research!

I am also the President of the New Jersey Association of USA Boxing, which means I am the President of the Amateur Boxing in New Jersey.

Comment

Working...
                    X