No announcement yet.

Legacy Mode too hard !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy Mode too hard !!!

I'm in my 11th fight and the guys just block whenever i throw punches, they seem to know exactly where i'm gonna throw and i can't connect with any punches its as if the AI is so fast it reads what i'm doing withing a split second, then i'm just getting taken out with counter punches and gettting knocked out by bums. Am i doing something wrong in the setting or what? I have been playing on pro, now i've had to put it down to amateur. NOT GOOD.!!!

Are you trying to knock them out in the first 4 rounds?

Most of all my fights go the distance. I'm an outside fighter so I throw jabs and block straight after in case they try to counter me. I work the body with a jab too and mainly use an uppercut to hurt them.

If their health and/or stamina gets low enough, I'll work on the body, then throw a straight right. By then they're dazed and it only takes a few jabs and then an uppercut to knock them down.

That's how I play on pro.

Patience is key.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
      Are you trying to knock them out in the first 4 rounds?

Most of all my fights go the distance. I'm an outside fighter so I throw jabs and block straight after in case they try to counter me. I work the body with a jab too and mainly use an uppercut to hurt them.

If their health and/or stamina gets low enough, I'll work on the body, then throw a straight right. By then they're dazed and it only takes a few jabs and then an uppercut to knock them down.

That's how I play on pro.

Patience is key.
      No by no means do i try to take them out, in 11 fights i've had 6 go the distance, 5 KO's. They just seem to know exactly when, where and how i'll punch, i just can't get to the guy.

Comment

Ive come across the same style, you can hit them, they block a lot, you have to switch it up, head, body, head, body... OR, you stand their and wait for them to throw anticipating it, move and counter them back... wait til they throw to hit them back... they are beatable

Comment

Originally posted by John-Locke-9-22 View Post
          No by no means do i try to take them out, in 11 fights i've had 6 go the distance, 5 KO's. They just seem to know exactly when, where and how i'll punch, i just can't get to the guy.
          You probably aren't mixing your punches up enough.

I had that trouble at first, just throw every type of punch and work behind your jab. I find going to the body most effective when they keep blocking me. Say you work on the right-side of their body, as soon as they move down to block - throw a left hook.

Comment

The difficulty level is just right on pro IMO. I hated the other boxing games being a walkover on career mode. I'm glad this is way more challenging.

Use the jab, alot.

Comment

OK thanx lads i'll keep trying. And Reed, i sent you a request on PS for the tournament. But no you know i can't fight blockers and counterpunchers i might as well pull out lol.

Comment

Head movement works pretty well against the computer. Try using the bob and weave. You'll get more counter opportunities. Also spamming against the CPU isn't as effective. They'll just block most of your shots, and counter the **** out of you.

Comment

I've found legacy mode really easy on pro. I had 50(45KO)-0-1 before I retired, at the start a fought a bit recklessly allowing myself to be dropped alot but always went for the KO, but from about my 20th fight I managed to beat and KO almost everyone with only 82 overall stats with Stamina and block strength as my two main attributes. I just constantly threw the 1-2 and the left hook to the body and moved away. I literally never let the opponent hit me, I would usually always end up with a TKO or KO victory.

Comment

Working...
                  X