No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Ray Leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you rank Ray Leonard?

This All time great fighter, I am interested to see where you rank him overall as a pound for pound ATG as well as in his own weight classes respectively.

In the top 15 greatest fighters of all times for me.

One thing about Ray Leonard is that he didn't fight 100 fights like so many others in the past, but his resume is just pure quality. I actually have a hard time thinking of someone with 40 fights who's got that kind of quality of resume.

He beat everyone he could have beaten, though I would have liked him to fight Hagler again.

I don't know about the different classes, but I think he's a top WW.

Comment

Top 20 for me. I haven't done a list in quite some time. The last time I did a list was 30 fighters better than Floyd Mayweather and he was one of the first 20 that came to mind.

Comment

Close to the top 10. Just like Ali, his resume does not have nearly as many fights as other greats, but it is extremely dense with quality. It's packed with HOF'ers and more importantly big, big ATG's. And I believe he is one of the best H2H boxers of all time due to his versatility.

Comment

I recently did a P4P list where I ranked SRL at #17 all time, and had him as the 3rd best welterweight of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            I actually have a hard time thinking of someone with 40 fights who's got that kind of quality of resume.
            Michael Spinks is the only one I can think of that comes close.

Comment

Top 5. The quality in his resume is impeccable.

Comment

top 20 maybe higher

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                  This All time great fighter, I am interested to see where you rank him overall as a pound for pound ATG as well as in his own weight classes respectively.
                  Almost as good as Martinez ban knees and all!!

Comment

Top fifteen Welterweight, he could fight and do very well in any era.
                    He doesn't dominate against the greats like Robinson, Gavilan, Armstrong Basililo and others. Ray was a very competitive kid who was well schooled by Janks Morton & Dave Jacobs. Later he was handled by Angelo Dundee as his corner first.
                    Tremendous athlete and quick mind and developed power as he learned to calm down and sit down on his punches.
                    Great size for 147lbs too. After 147 his career had a lot of up's & down's and he was troubled by fame!
                    Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X