No announcement yet.

Struggling With Strength

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling With Strength

I've been working out for about 3 years now and every once and a while I'll stop for a couple weeks and then go back on, but my question is....

Lately I've been trying to condition so I've been running everyday for about a 30 min time period and I've noticed a pretty large drop in strength and a large drop in weight... I even get comments on how skinny I'm looking and I was wondering if there is any way to condition without losing so much mass? My initial goal was to get ready to train in Atlanta for MMA. I'm naturally skinny and I worked my way up from benching 35 pounds to 185. My body types weird

I understand that I need to eat a good bit and I was getting in 4 meals between every 3 hours so hopefully someone can help me out.

(Sorry about all the info just trying to get it out there so I can get a good answer... Thanks for who ever reads this.)

---Somebody told me to quite running all together and get my conditioning from fighting...

30min doesnt sound like it should be really causing you to burn that much mass. Have you been losing weight since you started running or are you just not putting on weight?

If you've been losing weight with only 30min of running then your metabolisim must be really high. Its hard to actually eat all the carbs and protein you need to get bigger thats why suppliments such as shakes and bars help. It takes a long time to put on weight though, and it was something I really struggled with for football. I took creatine which I think could've helped me but not sure because I never did all that other stuff without it so, creatine might've helped or it could've been that all the other stuff did the work and creatine did nothing for me. Anyway it would take me from about march (after wrestling season) to get up to about 215lbs. But because I couldnt work out as much during the actual season I would lose a little weight and settle back down around 210lbs +-2lbs

I'm a little different because by end of wrestling I was at the 171 weight class (well 174 with the allowed 1 pound for each month of season). Without dehydrating and half starving myself I was more like 190. Without all that intense cardio I would get close to 200lbs without really trying it was the last 15lbs that were hard to put on while still working out and running etc.

Comment

What does benching have to do with boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by yrrej
        What does benching have to do with boxing?
        He didnt say boxing he said MMA.

Comment

Working...
        X