Collapse
No announcement yet.

210lb David Haye PUSHING Chisora around the ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haye may be considered small for a heavyweight but the power and strength he has matches up with most of the bigger guys in the weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
      In the clinches, anyone else shocked by this?

I remember before the fight, one of the things that was often mentioned was that Haye needs to avoid any contact with Chisora, but Whenever they tied up, Haye was forcing Chisora back.

not pushing like Khan did to Petersen, but literally locking up with him and forcing him backwards.

I thought this was interesting and I just think it goes to show that size and weight does not equal strength.
      I noticed that and thought it would be Hayes undoing, may be the reason he was blowing out of his arse at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        I think Chisora was allowing Haye to push him around in the hope he'd expend a lot of his energy. Had Haye not knocked Chisora out when he did, the grappling would've taken it's toll on Haye a few rounds later.
        Chisora was blowing harder than usual too. It was a fast paced fight.

Comment

Yea i was surprised by that to be honest, he really was pushing chisora around too easily IMO, But Haye's vulnerability is still his stamina IMO, He looks like he cant last a 12 competitive rounds unless his opponents throw few punches at him, He would struggle with anyone who can take his punches and then throw leather for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            I think Chisora was allowing Haye to push him around in the hope he'd expend a lot of his energy. Had Haye not knocked Chisora out when he did, the grappling would've taken it's toll on Haye a few rounds later.
            Yes I agree and it was working to a certain extent because Haye was pretty gassed at the end of the fight

But overall Haye is very physically strong

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
              pooowwwwwweeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
              Its clear he has power, but youd think a heavyweight who is supposed to have a good chin and is 2 stones heavier would be a candidate for being able to take the punches.

Its real hard to take haye 5 rounds and for spectators that can be frustrating sometimes. Because that way you dont get to see if haye has stamina problems or get to see if haye himself is as chinny as is claimed.

Comment

Chisora wouldn't be any bigger than 210 pounds if he was in the shape that Haye is in.

I believe Haye was glad to have taken out Chisora early. He could have faded after having to wrestle with a near 250 lb man as much as he did. Size doesn't equal strength, but it's still a lot of weight to push around.

Chisora kept coming but it back-fired on him as he plodded forward without any defense whatsoever. He should have tried to take it into the later rounds, his only chance really.

The big question to me in a Vitali-Haye match-up is whether Haye's stamina will hold up against a much bigger man. Then again Vitali himself was well out of breath after going 12 rounds with Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Yea i was surprised by that to be honest, he really was pushing chisora around too easily IMO, But Haye's vulnerability is still his stamina IMO, He looks like he cant last a 12 competitive rounds unless his opponents throw few punches at him, He would struggle with anyone who can take his punches and then throw leather for 12 rounds.
                  I think outside of Vitali maybe there are few people that can take his punches.

Chisora's chin is up there with the best at HW and Haye cracked it, I think it helps Chisora is a similar height to Haye so Haye isn't punching up. But even Valuev was rocking in the 12th.

Hayes entire style is based around KOing an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
                    not sure, because apparently he's small, weak, chinny with overrated power and no stamina

going from what the Hayeters say, he's a good candidate for the disability benefit
                    He is small and chinny and he dosen't have great stamina. He got skill and power though.

Comment

Haye is a strong dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X