Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBC Will Start Same Day Weigh-Ins Starting July 1st

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell yeah good for boxing . I also enjoys how the wbc has open scorecards now .....

Comment

You do realize how hard and unhealthy it'd be to drain 10% of your bodyweight with only half a day to replenish yourself? 10% might seem like a lot, but seeing as how the fighters just won't be able to do it, it won't make a difference. The 9.30am part is what is important.

Comment

i like to know how it is done before they introduce the 24 hours before the fight weighin?

imho since that rule was implemented it was abused by bigger fighters going down in weight then it became the norm ...

Comment

I think this still needs the approval of the state athletic commissions. The WBC having this rule is quite useless unless the athletic commissions go along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
            i like to know how it is done before they introduce the 24 hours before the fight weighin?

imho since that rule was implemented it was abused by bigger fighters going down in weight then it became the norm ...
            I think before 1983, fighters weighed in the same day

If im not mistaken, they would weigh in around lets say 5 pm for a 10 pm fight, kind like weigh ins are done in the amateurs

Not 100% sure tho

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
              I think this still needs the approval of the state athletic commissions. The WBC having this rule is quite useless unless the athletic commissions go along with it.
              WHat do you mean? Its their rule, as long as it doesnt violate a state commission rule, its all good

Comment

Anyway its one of the most useless rules you cant implement. Just another attempt at making the WBC seem more legit, when they are complete crooks.

10% my ass

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  I think before 1983, fighters weighed in the same day

If im not mistaken, they would weigh in around lets say 5 pm for a 10 pm fight, kind like weigh ins are done in the amateurs

Not 100% sure tho
                  thanks bro, five hours before the fight to rehydrate sounds good but they enforced the 24 hours before the fight as they said it was dangerous for fighters to weighin the same day so what are they thinking bringing it back?

for me its good as bigger fighters will be force to fight closer to their actual weights...

Comment

They used to do that a long time ago...its more riskier for the fighters too. I think the day before weigh in is so much better so fighters can be re-hydrated or somewhat re-hydrated.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                      thanks bro, five hours before the fight to rehydrate sounds good but they enforced the 24 hours before the fight as they said it was dangerous for fighters to weighin the same day so what are they thinking bringing it back?

for me its good as bigger fighters will be force to fight closer to their actual weights...
                      They're not bringing it back. Fighters weigh in as normal and then weigh in at 930 the next morning and cant be over 10% of what they weighed in as

So for example JCC jr will weigh in at 160 at 4PM on friday, then must weigh in at 930 am the next morning and be no more then 176. But then he has 14 more hours to rehydrate to like 4 more pounds since he's usually 180. And JCC jr is the EXTREME weigh gainer

So basically it will not change a thing except have the fighters lose an hour of sleep

Comment

Working...
                      X