your opinion on hector comacho

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your opinion on hector comacho

what are your opinions on this guy....

Fastest hands of all time reguardless of weight and one of if not the best chin ever. Still amazes me that he became a world champion at 21 yet only got 3 fights against elite guys:
    W JLR W Rosario L Chavez

Comment

love the guy.

camacho was amazing at 130 and 135. great handspeed and always put on a good show. he was like hamed, but better skilled with less power.

but camacho wasn't anything special at 140 or higher.

Comment

wasn't too crazy about him posing for playgirl though.

i would post the pics here, but this is the history section.

gotta preserve decency somewhere on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          love the guy.

camacho was amazing at 130 and 135. great handspeed and always put on a good show. he was like hamed, but better skilled with less power.

but camacho wasn't anything special at 140 or higher.

That is a myth. Camacho wasn't anything special after he got beat down by Chavez. It's almost like his chin was too good had he gotten stopped in the 4th round like most guys would have I think he extends his prime another 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            That is a myth. Camacho wasn't anything special after he got beat down by Chavez. It's almost like his chin was too good had he gotten stopped in the 4th round like most guys would have I think he extends his prime another 4 years.
            for sure, the chavez beatdown definitely ruined camacho.

but i'm sure the haugen fights also contributed to his decline.

Comment

he was excellent at 130 and 135. Rosario changed his style a lot, although he was still fast as hell.

I find it pretty impressive that he still was able to go the distance with prime Trinidad and DLH past his prime and past his best weight.

Comment

When Camacho was breezing through the junior lightweight division he was amazing. But as a lightweight champ the night life started catching up with him. Thats when he lost dedication and his momentum. Alot of people blamed the close bout with Rosario and his change in style after that but it probably had to do with the Miami and New York night clubs more than any opponent in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
                  what are your opinions on this guy....
                  He should have stuck to track and field instead of boxing as his talents were best suited to a sport where running actually has a place. The Village People are still calling him demanding their wardrobe back.

Poet

Comment

Love him.

Excellent skills, bagloads of swag and nail-like toughness.

A great asset to the sport in his pomp.

Comment

Working...
                    X