View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 02:34 PM #18
The Future King.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gino Ros has disabled reputation
Bank: 2,606,020,444.84
Total Points: 2,606,577,365.94
NSB master of finance. My first deposit. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Sir TomJones Money May AllDay, 1 of NSB best. Enjoy the fight homey! - CRASH DUMMY p4p biggest homo - Sir TomJones p4p biggest homo - Sir TomJones 
Best poster on this site !! - BoZz for the help - Lazerjab 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - tibbar World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingeralbino View Post
How does Peterson benefit from his team doing that? (looking at it from his point of view)

Get all the promotion wrok done, tickets sold, and then GBP + HBO are heavily invested in it and maybe forced to pull some strings to make the fight go ahead with Peterson involved.

GBP care about Khan not him, they'd hang him out to dry and get a replacement approved by HBO lined up
GBP would wait until the second test before they pulled it.

Pete was in an "no downside" position. If the second test came back positive, the NSAC was pulling his license anyway. And if he REALLY had a legitimate appeal, he gives himself more time to present it.

I don't see the downside for Team Pete. GBP wanted that fight. Bad. They didn't want to go through some vacated belt nonsense.
Gino Ros is offline   Reply With Quote