View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 PM #37
Honest BoxingScene posts

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,025,751,164.45
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
As I've posted before, Khan spars Pac regularly. Being a top fighter in his own right, let alone already a star and having hosted his own PPVs, he's far from arrogant to agree to that. Those actions spell humbleness, humility, and a hunger/drive to improve.

If he was arrogant he wouldn't have agreed to give up some of his purse to Bradley and half of the UK PPV, where no-one even knows who that big headed freak Bradley is. He also went ahead with the McCloskey fight, even though McCloskey got paid more than him and he lost a million dollars when Sky pulled out.

Now, we saw what an arrogant fighter would do in that situation when Haye pulled out against Wlad in 2009 when Setanta went bust. Khan showed what a class act he was going ahead with the fight for his fans. He didn't earn much, probably only 100k for that fight.
This is the most foolish comment I've seen on this thread so far.Do you think it is "humble" for one top fighter to spar against another??? This is STUPID in Capitals. FIRSTLY, he is under the tutelage of Freddie Roach, and he spars with Manny P. when Freddie tells him. Secondly Freddie has a reason for telling him.

In the gym the trainer is BOSS, and it is Freddie's training which has made him the beginning.....I said the BEGINNING of a star. . The star is Manny P. but they are not working in the gym on the "star" system". they are there for the purpose of learning their craft, and improving their weaknesses and practicing special moves needed for certain opponents. Not to mention general movement.

I trained in a gym for years, and yes, I was the star, but not as soon nor as big as I thought I was. And when I sparred with anyone, it was when the trainer told me only. And I was not so much a star that I was too haughty to throw a certain punch or make a certain move, over and over so that the other guy, the "also-ran" could not practice the move the trainer was trying to teach him.

If you happen to be a boxer, (and about 80% of the guys are not) when and with whom do YOU spar. When and with whom the trainer tells you to of course......................
edgarg is offline   Reply With Quote