Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Foreman vs Lennox Lewis Prime for Prime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
    Lewis didnt want to trade with guys like Holyfield, why would he put himself at risk against George? I agree sometimes he would get lazy and let it go, but when he stuck to the jab he made things stick. Even Foreman himself praised Lennox for his jab.

And i also think there's something to be said about Lewis' power. As good as Foreman's chin was he was still knocked down and stunned by lesser punchers than Lewis. In this fight Foreman would not be the only guy with the power advantage.
    Lewis was put down by far lesser punchers than Foreman as well.
    As far as Foreman being put down by Ali and Young, at that point of exhaustion that Foreman was at, a light wind would have blown him over.

But Lewis, in bouts with Bruno, Klitschko and even Rahman and McCall when presured, he stood and fought. Foreman was not Tua and was very adept at cutting off the ring in his prime, Ali and Norton attempted movement but even the great mover Ali was forced to the ropes.
    I'm not bashing Lewis by no means, his legacy is secure. I just think a prime Foreman would do a better job landing than Tua or Tyson. And history tells me when George Landed..... well you know!

Comment

Lewis would K.O George Foreman.

Comment

Foreman pre-Ali was really a beast, I thought Ali adopted the rope a dope tactic mainly because what he really wanted to do was not working, Foreman when he was younger was also surprisingly quick with his feet, he cut off the ring and got into position very well. I think that version of Foreman would've knocked Lewis out.

And older Foreman, the one who was maybe a fight or two away from fighting Lewis, had he gotten the decision against Briggs, would've stood very little chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post

Lewis was put down by far lesser punchers than Foreman as well.
          As far as Foreman being put down by Ali and Young, at that point of exhaustion that Foreman was at, a light wind would have blown him over.

But Lewis, in bouts with Bruno, Klitschko and even Rahman and McCall when presured, he stood and fought. Foreman was not Tua and was very adept at cutting off the ring in his prime, Ali and Norton attempted movement but even the great mover Ali was forced to the ropes.
          I'm not bashing Lewis by no means, his legacy is secure. I just think a prime Foreman would do a better job landing than Tua or Tyson. And history tells me when George Landed..... well you know!
          Stupid idiot follower why did you compare people who fought nothing like george

Lennox Ran though golata a man who was way tougher then george was who fought similar to him

George would be destroyed by lennox its easy to see this

George was weak to hard shots shown by Ron watch matches next time before you comment you idiot

And the people who dropped lennox caught him when he wasnt taking those dudes serious that quote was exposed years ago so why you said it no idea and they had better tech then george and was more skilled then he was you idiot
          Last edited by Ascended; 07-25-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moneytheman View Post

Stupid idiot follower why did you compare people who fought nothing like george

Lennox Ran though golata a man who was way tougher then george was who fought similar to him

George would be destroyed by lennox its easy to see this

George was weak to hard shots shown by Ron watch matches next time before you comment you idiot

And the people who dropped lennox caught him when he wasnt taking those dudes serious that quote was exposed years ago so why you said it no idea and they had better tech then george and was more skilled then he was you idiot
            golota tougher than foreman. congrats, you are re tarded. foreman would pole axe lewis and golota same night

Comment

Lennox has too many tools in the toolbox.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post
                Lennox has too many tools in the toolbox.
                Yea I agree, plus he would almost look Foreman in the eye. Foreman was almost always fighting down.

But he would need to go 15 rounds without taking a big shot. We have to, at some level, question Lewis' chin because he got taken out twice. He was susceptible to a big bang.
                DooGee#33 DooGee#33 likes this.

Comment

Prime for prime George bangs Lewis out. Lewis would have no psychological advantage or strength advantage. Would be a surprisingly easy fight for george, even if he took a shot or 2. It would be over pretty fast. Lewis would be a sitting duck for his bombs. Lewis has no advantages over George outside of a bit of height. Foremans jab is even superior to Lewis’ jab.

in the 90s George might struggle to catch lewis and also get hit a lot more. But we already know he’s not getting knocked out. It would be a long night for Lewis but he could win on points I think. I would have liked to have seen the George that fought Holyfield up against Lewis. George really came to fight that night and Holyfield was right dead smack in his absolute prime.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    A prime Foreman could beat anybody that stood in there with him. It took defensive wizards like Ali and Jimmy Young to survive the early onslaught and extend him. Lewis was not a defensive wizard. He often stood and traded when his opponent left him no choice. Foreman would come out on top.

Though I think Lewis is a far much better fighter and champion, I think stylistically, Chris Byrd would present more problems to Big George than Lennox could.
                    Your letter made me realize something that has been right in front of me for years: Foreman did not immediately learn his lesson after Ali, did he? He gassed out in post-Ali bouts during his physical prime and gassed out good.

But George was so good he didn't need a prime--he had two, one for physicality and one for prudence. He won the heavyweight crown twice, each time without one of those traits. Gotta make George a 3-2 favorite during his 1rst prime and strangely the same odds for his 2nd.
                    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Yea I agree, plus he would almost look Foreman in the eye. Foreman was almost always fighting down.

But he would need to go 15 rounds without taking a big shot. We have to, at some level, question Lewis' chin because he got taken out twice. He was susceptible to a big bang.
                      I thought about that and then contrasted it with Lewis taking Vitalie's shots. I came to the conclusion you cannot "not have a chin" and take the bombs Lewis took that fight. Its complicated imo... Lewis had a tendency to come into a fight and just not look mentally prepared. I saw him like this on some occasions including both occasions when he was mollywapped. Foreman also took a lot from Lyle. Lyle could hit hard. I honestly have no piece of proof that tells me who might survive this (much less win it!) lol.

Im kind of picturing a Vitali Lewis type affair... a war of attrition with neither guy wanting to give an inch.
                      Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X