No announcement yet.

Parris gets Tszyu vs Hatton fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parris gets Tszyu vs Hatton fight

Veteran British referee Dave Parris is poised to take control of Ricky Hatton’s IBF light-welterweight title challenge against Kostya Tszyu on June 4 at the MEN Arena, Manchester.

Parris, who was the third man when Hatton beat Mike Stewart to earn his crack at the IBF title, is one of the most experienced officials on the circuit.

Judges for the fight will be Manuel Maritaxalar, Alfred Asaro and Don Ackerman.

--------------------------------

I like Dave Parris, and think he's a good referee... Only problem I have is he sometimes likes to stop the fight a little early, which might not be a good thing for Ricky Hatton!

Originally posted by martinwbc
    Veteran British referee Dave Parris is poised to take control of Ricky Hatton’s IBF light-welterweight title challenge against Kostya Tszyu on June 4 at the MEN Arena, Manchester.

Parris, who was the third man when Hatton beat Mike Stewart to earn his crack at the IBF title, is one of the most experienced officials on the circuit.

Judges for the fight will be Manuel Maritaxalar, Alfred Asaro and Don Ackerman.

--------------------------------

I like Dave Parris, and think he's a good referee... Only problem I have is he sometimes likes to stop the fight a little early, which might not be a good thing for Ricky Hatton!

I'm not to keen on Dave Parris, but i suppose he's more likely to stop Tszyu roughing it than most other refs.

Comment

Yeah Parris seems like a bit of a moody bastard to me & I always remember when he took a dislike to Danny Williams tactics in the 3rd Sprott fight & scored against him, I'd have preferred Richie Davies or Ian John Lewis as they always seems to be fair with both guys but hey at least it's not Mickey Vann again!

Comment

Originally posted by barryboy
        Yeah Parris seems like a bit of a moody bastard to me & I always remember when he took a dislike to Danny Williams tactics in the 3rd Sprott fight & scored against him, I'd have preferred Richie Davies or Ian John Lewis as they always seems to be fair with both guys but hey at least it's not Mickey Vann again!
        Star referee!... Mickey Vann!... LOL!... I think at one stage he had refereed 10-12 Ricky Hatton fights on the bounce!... LOL!...

It's funny that you brought that to my attention (Williams vs Sprott II) - I remember being a bit pissed off at the time about that, Coz' I had Danny Williams winning the fight!

I remember thinking, "These professional fighters do this for a living, and this is their CAREER in the referee's hands... Just because Dave Parris was in a bit of a mood and having an off night, he's affected Danny's career/financial life!"

(Mind you, things worked out pretty f**king good for Danny after the Sprott II fight) - But it could have gone the other way, and prematurly retired Danny!

Comment

I'm glad its not Vann again, he's a really good ref but i think he'd let Tszyu rough Hatton up and i doubt Parris will.

Comment

hey at least it's not Mickey Vann again!

Y'know thats exactly what i thought when i saw this thread. I think this is one of a number of things that will be on zoo supporters' list of excuses when hatton u.d's zoo on saturday

Comment

Ive never really rated Parris but he has got good World experience Ill give him that

Comment

I'm not his giggest fan but he is at least a strong ref.

Comment

Working...
                X