Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to an mma gym last night and got my ass whooped!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to an mma gym last night and got my ass whooped!

I did pretty good but once they put the experienced guys and the head trainers or me I got my ass whooped ha. They said I was good for a tall lengthy guy but actually told me I fight to much like paul Williams. Said I got a solid jab and right hand and really nasty body punching but my footwork is holding me back since im kinda outta shape smoking and drinking all the time but feels good to get my ass whooped!

It's affilated with team balance which is a pretty well respected school in mma especially as far as grappling goes. Striking was alright last night. The instructor is 2nd degree brown belt from the gracie family in bjj but as far as striking goes its fighters helping fighters but they seem to know their ***** since they broke it down at a good level as far as explaining what as what i was doing wrong like throwing to much and not reseting and protecting myself.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
      It's affilated with team balance which is a pretty well respected school in mma especially as far as grappling goes. Striking was alright last night. The instructor is 2nd degree brown belt from the gracie family in bjj but as far as striking goes its fighters helping fighters but they seem to know their ***** since they broke it down at a good level as far as explaining what as what i was doing wrong like throwing to much and not reseting and protecting myself.
      just outta curiosity where is this at???? i coach at an mmy gym called guardianmma we affiliated w gracie jits as well

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
        just outta curiosity where is this at???? i coach at an mmy gym called guardianmma we affiliated w gracie jits as well
        Team balance outta Lancaster pa. They rank high grappling wise but like I said their striking is striker coaching striking not really a world class teacher striking wise but they still know a decent amoount.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
          Team balance outta Lancaster pa. They rank high grappling wise but like I said their striking is striker coaching striking not really a world class teacher striking wise but they still know a decent amoount.
          cool..yeah man u dont really need a world class boxing coach or thai coach to teach good standup tho at all....jits on the other hand..u kinda do lol....

Comment

Second Degree Brown Belt? What's your instructors name?

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
              cool..yeah man u dont really need a world class boxing coach or thai coach to teach good standup tho at all....jits on the other hand..u kinda do lol....
              Haha yeah exactly you dont need a world class teacher for proper technique but theirs so much to grappling which im going back for tonight I know im gonna get killed haha since last night i took a dude down and 5 seconds later he had me in sm andacond!

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                Second Degree Brown Belt? What's your instructors name?
                we got some brown belts at our school for sure

Comment

link

His names damione. he helped us alil yesterday in striking but for the most part sat on the sidelines but u could tell he was more built for grappling sitting with his legd crossed very skinny guy you could tell you could probably get him in full mount and he wouldnt give a **** still tap u.
                  Last edited by -2 Scrappy-; 01-10-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X