Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAIT!! I thought the shoulder roll doesnt work on a southpaw stance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAIT!! I thought the shoulder roll doesnt work on a southpaw stance?

Floyd stayed in front of Ortiz all night and shoulder rolled and blocked all of Ortiz's attacks from a defensive stance that is rumored to not work vs Southpaws..

Yes and no.

Comment

ya i was surprised at that as well

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
        Floyd stayed in front of Ortiz all night and shoulder rolled and blocked all of Ortiz's attacks from a defensive stance that is rumored to not work vs Southpaws..

He was high guarding the majority of the night. He switched it up accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by sugersean15 View Post
          ya i was surprised at that as well
          If you roll against a southpaws jab then you risk coming back into his power hand. Ortiz doesn't jab. Do the math. It's no wonder that the times he actually got hit where while rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
            Yes and no.
            show me a fight in which in didnt work?

actually southpaws are very horrible vs mayweather ..#'s dont lie..look at the compubox vs Corley Mitchell, Judah and now even Ortiz......

Mayweather having problems with southpaws is a giant MYTH..

Comment

Why is everyone so generalistic with these statements? The shoulder roll automatically isnt completely neutralized by a southpaw stance, thats just stupid.
              but it does have a few fundamental weaknesses in it, particularly that southpaw right hook if you do a sort of overhead chop with it over the shoulder, and while the opponent is bent over leaning to the right a close range straight left hand can find its way in easier.

damn man, do yall even watch boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                show me a fight in which in didnt work?

actually southpaws are very horrible vs mayweather ..#'s dont lie..look at the compubox vs Corley Mitchell, Judah and now even Ortiz......

Mayweather having problems with southpaws is a giant MYTH..
                We can't because he switches it up heavily against southpaws. I could show you Toney/Griffin though if that will make you feel better.

Comment

im a pacfan but when floyd mayweather stood in front of ortiz during round 3 and just kept peppering ortiz with that right hand was amazing. mayweather didn't even move he just stood there and kept bam bam bam bam ortiz to the face. it's like he didn't even have to break a sweat!

Comment

actually Pac has more problems with straight right hands from Orthodox fighters who have been able to hit him cleanly then Mayweather has with left handed fighters....

this cant be disputed..the facts and history dont lie...

Comment

Working...
                    X