No announcement yet.

Finally got the truth on Wilder. From multiple sources. Wladimir,trainers etc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jel View Post
    Do you really want me to link who Wladimir was fighting during his early days?

Do you? Do you wanna see the 'ferocious pig from Balkan" ? or the former MW?
    Who is 'the ferocious pig from the balkans'? This made me laugh.

Comment

I have no idea if Wilder will ever get a title or not.

But I have two comments to make:

- His weight isn't a problem at all. Ali was very light, and look how fast he was. Deontay should stay thin and use his speed to his advantage. Putting on weight will just slow him down and give his opponents a better chance to avoid his shots. He should be concerned about technique, not weight.

- Deontay's KO ratio is making him look bad to serious boxing fans because of his poor resume. Valero got a lot of criticism for not being challenged enough in his career, so just imagine the complaints that Deontay will get in today's HW division (a division considered to be weak) if he's not fighting some top guys soon.

Comment

The 27 year old, 6'7 American HW. D.WILDER

I read through Wladimir's transcripts after the sparring sessions for the Wach fight, along with showing Wilder's fights to various boxing trainers, read through the Late Emmanuel Steward's interviews and a list of other things.

Wilder have fought nothing but jouney man so far in his career. That is undeniable, but he's only 27 and will probably move up in 2013.

Wladimir pretty much confirms what I already knew.

Wladimir, sparring with Wilder

""Wilder is the fastest HW I ever fought, not just among big guys but fastest ever."
        He got phenomenal foot speed and a very long reach. Very good sparring.

Emmanuel Steward

"Wilder is a natural boxer with immense physical advantages that Mitchell and Jennings do not have.""

Boxing trainer/analysts

A great thing about Wilder is even when he is fighting subpar opponents, he is extremely cautious and stalks you the entire round until he sees an opening and than he moves in for the kill with that massive right hand.

This shows that regardless of the level of competition he is very careful and will not over extent.

There is no reason for Wladimir to lie about Wilder's speed and footwork/power. Plus it's a transcript after the sessions and Wilder wasn't even the main topic, Wlad just slipped it in there.

Mitchell was a moving punching bag. Wilder moves like a 6'8 Gazelle with surreal one punch knock out power, speed,accuracy, and a killer instinct.
        This would be all well and good if I hadn't actually seen the man fight. LOL.

So I know how much of this is bull ****, especially with the speed comment. Wlad is faster than Wilder, as are Haye and Chambers, 2 former Wlad opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
          This would be all well and good if I hadn't actually seen the man fight. LOL.

So I know how much of this is bull ****, especially with the speed comment. Wlad is faster than Wilder, as are Haye and Chambers, 2 former Wlad opponents.
          You seen Wilder against tomato cans he just stalked for a round before knocking them into the next generation.
          You HAVEN'T seen Wilder pushed like Wlad pushed him in sparring. That's when the real speed comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
            I have no idea if Wilder will ever get a title or not.

But I have two comments to make:

- His weight isn't a problem at all. Ali was very light, and look how fast he was. Deontay should stay thin and use his speed to his advantage. Putting on weight will just slow him down and give his opponents a better chance to avoid his shots. He should be concerned about technique, not weight.

- Deontay's KO ratio is making him look bad to serious boxing fans because of his poor resume. Valero got a lot of criticism for not being challenged enough in his career, so just imagine the complaints that Deontay will get in today's HW division (a division considered to be weak) if he's not fighting some top guys soon.
            Ali was light and so was everyone Ali faced. In act, Ali was bigger than most the men of his era, your logic is skewed.

Today, the men are huge, being Ali's size is a detriment. Second, he's actually filling out now. Went from 215 to 230.

Comment

You seen Wilder against tomato cans he just stalked for a round before knocking them into the next generation.
              You HAVEN'T seen Wilder pushed like Wlad pushed him in sparring. That's when the real speed comes out.
              No, he stalked until he was almost knocked the hell out once. Get real, his speed isn't going to get any better in sparring buddy. That's like saying " in all his wins, he just been going 20%, he can turn super saiyan if you push him! ". What you see is what you get, that has been the case with every fighter in history. Suddenly you Wilder fans think he's the exception.

Comment

No, he stalked until he was almost knocked the hell out once. Get real, his speed isn't going to get any better in sparring buddy. That's like saying " in all his wins, he just been going 20%, he can turn super saiyan if you push him! ". What you see is what you get, that has been the case with every fighter in history. Suddenly you Wilder fans think he's the exception.
                I'm not even a Wilder fan. I am just posting stuff Wladimir said. I'm Wlad's parrot. If Wlad says he's the fastest. I believe Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                  His skills are out of this world, I could see that when he beat Dustin Nichols.

not fair @1:25 Dustin Nichols go to do that rope a dope move and use the Mayweather style to lean his head far outside the rope. Discrimination cause he is big boned. Not fair. Robbery.

Comment

Today, the men are huge, being Ali's size is a detriment.
                    I don't know about that. These guys are big but most of them aren't well coordinated.

Comment

I'm not even a Wilder fan. I am just posting stuff Wladimir said. I'm Wlad's parrot. If Wlad says he's the fastest. I believe Wlad.
                      He's praising his work (sparring partners), that's usually what they do. But you've seen Wilder perform. You know Wlad, Chambers, and Haye are all faster than Wlad. As was Corrie Sanders, someone Wlad surely knows all about.

It's like when Freddie Roach told everyone Rashad Holloway was world class, LOL. Because the guy gave his fighter some work and was interviewed about him. He's not going to downplay him, he's going to say good things.

The man hadn't even had 5 fights yet, and he's world class. Now he's 12-2. That's what trainers and fighters do, they praise people they like
                      Last edited by intoccabile; 11-18-2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X