No announcement yet.

Pipino Cuevas VS Carlos Palomino

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipino Cuevas VS Carlos Palomino

Prime for prime,who would win if Pipino Cuevas and Carlos Palomino fought each other in the Welterweight division?
    Thanks.

Palomino!

Palamino by TKO, he was a much better boxer, Cuevas had oustanding Power, much more than Carlos, but he manages to outbox & win, also Palomino had decent Power himself, enough to hurt Cuevas.

Comment

Carlos stops him late! Cuevas is one of the most over rated champs ever! He had a powerfull left hook but other than that wasn't a great fighter by any means! H was defeated often by second tier talent and didn't have a very good chin. Ray

Comment

Pipino vs carlos

I agree 100% with Ray's comments.

Carlos will win....he also had a very sturdy chin

Comment

This fight should have happened. Palomino's best assets were his chin and his stamina. That would have led to a TKO win for him in the late rounds of the fight. The early rounds would have been very fun though.

Comment

I think Cuevas would have mugged him...

Comment

almost like yesterday I can remember carlos with a cast on his hand some time within a year or so prior to the benitez fight. used to workout in santa ana n I got to watch him tell the kids about his college degree n title belt n explain how he will not always have the belt but for the rest of his life he will have his college degree. never met cuevas or even passed by him in any gym or smoker but here's my take on this one which I agree shoulda happened prior to the benitez fight. carlos does take a punch well n is the more complete fighter, more skilled and a helluva body puncher but in order for him to land any punches, he'll b close enough for cuevas to land a big one or two and that's all cuevas really needed. it was the slippery cats like shields n hawk price who made for difficult fights for cuevas but palomino wasn't like that. sometime by mid fight with cuevas losing most if not all the rounds, he lands a monster on palomino n hurts if not drops him. then he begins to land the hook more often n before the fight is half over he stops palomino.

Comment

Palomino?

I really liked Carlos one of my favorite guys to watch and for some reason I never cared for Cuevas, but I would take him to Knockout Palomino, in his Prime, he had the power to take him mid to late rounds in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rspen46 View Post
                  I really liked Carlos one of my favorite guys to watch and for some reason I never cared for Cuevas, but I would take him to Knockout Palomino, in his Prime, he had the power to take him mid to late rounds in the fight.
                  - -No he did not. What grade you in this September?

Comment

Palomino all day every day. He is highly underrated.

Comment

Working...
                    X