Translated roughly for you guys, interview part:

Q:last time I saw you I asked you for an interview but you couldn't talk
    Vic: Yea my jaw was just hanging, literally hanging
    Q: You look very good now though
    VIc: Yea, I had a metal plate and two screws put into my jaw
    Q: We could call you Iron Jaw or Robo Cop for your next fight
    Vic: Either one would be perfect
    Q: what were the moments after the fight when you arrived in the hospital
    Vid: I noticed many differences in the people around me, changes in people I thought I knew but I had to stay positive
    Q: Did they treat you bad in the hospital?
    Vic: The first hospital they weren't giving me the treatment or care I needed so I went to another one and they were the best in the world with me.
    Q: Here in the U.S it doesn't matter if you are famous, everyone gets the same treatment right?
    Vic: Yea, everyone is the same
    Q: When do you think that you will be ready to get in the ring?
    Vic: Doctors told me 3 months with no contact to the face and 6 months without fighting. I wan to make sure I'm 100% and there's no pain, I'm still in pain and can't eve take proper bites when I eat. I'm in a lot of pain, they gave me morphine and I was out for a few days.
    Q: The injuries you suffered were worse than originally thought, you were even close to death according to the doctors because of blood loss, what went through your mind about that?
    Vic: I honestly never thought about death or anything bad, I just thought it was an injury and it's boxing and that's how it goes but that's why you have your corner to protect you.
    Q: Do you think that your corner should have stopped the fight earlier?
    Vic: My jaw was broken in the 4th round but I thought this can't stop me because I'm going to knock him out, he's not on my level. Then in the 5th I heard it literally crack and I knew it was bad.
    I told them I broke it and it was bad but they told me to keep coming forward and not be scared. I wasn't scared but it hurt bad when I was being hit and I knew I could suffer a really bad injury and I wanted to box, and move but my corner was urging me to come forward even with a broken jaw.
    Q: It was a great fight though wasn't it?
    Vic: Oh yea it was a great fight, back and forth and I never said it wasn't. It was good for the public.
    Q: Do you recognize him as a good fighter?
    Vic: Yea I think he's good, no doubt
    Q: Do you think he deserves the fight with Canelo?
    Vic: In boxing we need to be truthful, he's not on the level of Canelo or me to be honest.For me I was winning easily but I suffered the injury. Canelo is going to kill him like I was killing him.
    Q: He's been fighting at a lower weight but he does hit hard because he broke your jaw, do you think he can hit hard at 154?
    Vic: yea he has to hit hard because he did break my jaw (laughs) but I don't think he can carry the punch power over to that weight. I was just in too much pain from the broken jaw, it's the worst pain I have ever felt, I don't wish it on anyone it's a terrible pain. I could hear my ears ringing and could hear my jaw cracking. I don't care what people think, I had to stop because it was too much pain. My corner wanted me to keep fighting but I just couldn't continue. I tried but I couldn't do it.
    Q: Do you want a rematch with Lopez?
    Vic: Yes, that's the fight I'm waiting for and I want. Yes he beat me and broke my jaw but I'm better than him and I will beat him.
    Q: Vic I'm glad to see you are good mentally
    Vic: I'm fine, I keep positive and the only bad thing is not being able to eat because I love food so much!

In boxing we need to be truthful, he's not on the level of Canelo or me to be honest....

Comment

I like Ortiz he's an exciting fighter that makes good fights, if him quitting because he had a serious injury means we'll get to continue to see him fight, I'm ok with that.

Comment

Lol he WAS NOT winning easily.

And is that metal plate coming off after certain time or is that sht staying there? If it does stay how does that affect his punch resistance?

Comment

Kool video bro, good to see Victor is doing better.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
            In boxing we need to be truthful, he's not on the level of Canelo or me to be honest....
            for real? another guy who believes the hype?? Ortiz beat a prime Andre Berto which is a better win than any of the guys Canelo beat.

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
            Lol he WAS NOT winning easily.

And is that metal plate coming off after certain time or is that sht staying there? If it does stay how does that affect his punch resistance?
            actually I had Josesito Lopez winning the fight on my scorecard. Of course the judges had Ortiz ahead cause the whole event was corrupted by Golden Boy, and they wanted Ortiz to win.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
              for real? another guy who believes the hype?? Ortiz beat a prime Andre Berto which is a better win than any of the guys Canelo beat.

actually I had Josesito Lopez winning the fight on my scorecard. Of course the judges had Ortiz ahead cause the whole event was corrupted by Golden Boy, and they wanted Ortiz to win.
              i was quoting ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post

definitely didn't have Lopez winning. I thought it was close fight after he broke his jaw but I give Ortiz so much credit, it's easy to call him a coward from the comfort of a computer chair.

Comment

ortiz spanish is funny.

I wonder when he comes back probably early next year

Comment

Thanks for sharing bro!
                    I like Ortiz, I would like to see a rematch with Josesito...even though he said this...
                    Vic: In boxing we need to be truthful, he's not on the level of Canelo or me to be honest.For me I was winning easily but I suffered the injury. Canelo is going to kill him like I was killing him. ...Josesito beat him not because he suffered an injury but because Josesito broke his jaw...I believe that puts him up in that level...IMO

Comment

Working...
                    X