Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people get all butthurt about politics when...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonsieurGeorges View Post
    In short, people care about politics because it is extremely important in our lives

A nihilistic apathetic attitude will accomplish nothing. To say it will be the same ****, even if it ends up being true is to wallow in your own apathy. They do work together sometimes and it ends up turning out well, give them a bit of credit if only a bit
    But it will be the same, governing seems to be the last thing on governments agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      But it will be the same, governing seems to be the last thing on governments agenda.
      The majority of voters seem to be fine with that.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        The majority of voters seem to be fine with that.
        I don't bother anymore because it doesn't make a difference its not a government by the ppl we have next to nothing to do with what happens and what policies are implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsieurGeorges View Post
          In short, people care about politics because it is extremely important in our lives

A nihilistic apathetic attitude will accomplish nothing. To say it will be the same ****, even if it ends up being true is to wallow in your own apathy. They do work together sometimes and it ends up turning out well, give them a bit of credit if only a bit
          Why do you have that pic of Floyd in your sig? He looks miserable and hurt.

Comment

I don't know. . It only annoys me when a person blindly follows, and supports "a party", rather than their own ideas, and individual candidates (a lot at the grassroots/local level are NOT corrupted like most). . .

Comment

Lol my dad always said the Republican party was the "F you, I've got mine" party. . . .

Comment

Uglypug has it pretty right. People seem to just vote simply for party rather than the candidate.

What I don't get is, I hear all the time 'I like him but I don't think he can win.' Win what? Party nomination? So instead you vote for the guy who is winning? What kind of sense does that make?

Got mindless sheep walking around. It's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Uglypug has it pretty right. People seem to just vote simply for party rather than the candidate.

What I don't get is, I hear all the time 'I like him but I don't think he can win.' Win what? Party nomination? So instead you vote for the guy who is winning? What kind of sense does that make?

Exactly. . .

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    Lol my dad always said the Republican party was the "F you, I've got mine" party. . . .

And my parents weren't "blind followers" of the Democratic party. . . Just something funny I remember from talks we had. To clarify Im not contradicting my post about people blindly following parties, rather than ideas and beliefs. . . Refusing to believe that a candidate from the "opposite party" could actually be better for the country.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

That pains me too.

Comment

Working...
                      X