No announcement yet.

Steve Collins on JMM v Pac 3 decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
    so are you really trying to get me to believe manny who is a sitting member of congress would jeapordize his carreer by being involved with corruption ? i hope not because that would be crazy ! but back to those journalist , they are totally biased and have an aggenda ! because anyone thats been around boxing knows the diffrence between a fix and a close fight where rounds cound be scored diffrently based on diffrent views , aggression and quality of punches !

and last time i checked manny compu box totals were greater than marquez !

Steve Collins is a very honest guy who has been around the game some 30 years. I happen to agree with him but I understand you're shocked by him being so outspoken. I actually feel he was holding back some and the decision was sickening myself and every bit as bad as the scoring for Bradley vs Pacquaio.

Compubox doesn't mean anything. Mathebula outlanded Donaire by about 130+ punches does that mean he won?

Nothing bias about it, Collins and Buncey in particular are huge Pacquaio fans. It was refreshing to see them speaking out on the blatant corruption. And they wasn't blaming Manny.

Comment

The real scandal on that night was Glenn Trowbridge's card.

He handed in a 116-112 score, but it's glaringly obvious that he only gave the 12th to Marquez because he was about to hand in a 117-111 card in what, at the very least, was a close fight.

Going in the 12th, this guy had somehow only found three rounds to give Marquez from the previous eleven. Three. I personally had him winning seven of those eleven, and anyone even slightly pretending to be somewhat objective about it would have to have given him a minimum of five.

It really is a joke. Then Trowbridge pops up six months later to give Brandon Rios a decision over Richard Abril.

What can you say about guys like that?

Comment

so are you really trying to get me to believe manny who is a sitting member of congress would jeapordize his carreer by being involved with corruption ? i hope not because that would be crazy !
        Manny himself probably had nothing to do with the decision, it was most likely his promoter. But being a politician in the Philippines, I wouldn't be surprised if Manny was involved in some form of corruption or another.

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        The real scandal on that night was Glenn Trowbridge's card.

He handed in a 116-112 score, but it's glaringly obvious that he only gave the 12th to Marquez because he was about to hand in a 117-111 card in what, at the very least, was a close fight.

Going in the 12th, this guy had somehow only found three rounds to give Marquez from the previous eleven. Three. I personally had him winning seven of those eleven, and anyone even slightly pretending to be somewhat objective about it would have to have given him a minimum of five.

It really is a joke. Then Trowbridge pops up six months later to give Brandon Rios a decision over Richard Abril.

What can you say about guys like that?
        Clearly bought.

Comment

Adalaide Byrd & Steve Weisfeld are scoring the forth fight, whilst Byrd gets a bit of stick I think her scoring for most part has been superb & the same with Weisfeld.

I'm not sure about John Keane, this is one of the judges who had Ricky Hatton ahead of Senchenko, maybe I need to rewatch that fight but I had Senchenko comfortably ahead prior to the stoppage. Hes also handed in a few dubious cards in Prizefighter.

Byrd is very good IMO, she had Abril comfortably beating Rios.

I really hope they call it right should this one go the distance. I have faith in Byrd and Weisfeld.

Comment

you know what some of the comments made by those journalist were totally unproffessional ! its one thing to dissagree with the decision , but its another thing to imply that their is some massive corruption or cover up ! because all that does is make boxing fans loose faith in the sport ! those "journalists" have to remember that the judges are sitting at diffrent places around the ring and those different views make you score it diffrent from someone sitting at home ! plus you have to remember theyre other factors that go in to scoring like agression , last time i checked marquez didnt do himself any favors by listeneing to nacho and taking the last championship rounds off because he thought he was so far ahead !!

this video has made me so mad that i will be making a diss song to steve collins later today ! and be sure to look out for my prediction video ! i will call it as i see it with zero bias unlike these jornalists that obviously have something against manny and roach !
            died song? So it wad you who made that Larry x song

Comment

I agree with everything they said. JMM was robbed and if you think he wasnt then why are we having a IV

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Steve Collins is a very honest guy who has been around the game some 30 years. I happen to agree with him but I understand you're shocked by him being so outspoken. I actually feel he was holding back some and the decision was sickening myself and every bit as bad as the scoring for Bradley vs Pacquaio.

Compubox doesn't mean anything. Mathebula outlanded Donaire by about 130+ punches does that mean he won?

Nothing bias about it, Collins and Buncey in particular are huge Pacquaio fans. It was refreshing to see them speaking out on the blatant corruption. And they wasn't blaming Manny.
                Press row cards, nothing like Bradley which was a whitewash:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ma..._(3rd_meeting)

Cliff Rold, BoxingScene.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
                Jake Donovan, BoxingScene.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
                Among the unofficial scorers above, 57 scored the bout for Marquez, 51 scored the bout for Pacquiao, and the remaining 36 scored the bout a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Press row cards, nothing like Bradley which was a whitewash:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ma..._(3rd_meeting)

I had it wider than I had the Bradley fight. The problem like Buncey stated is ''Manny disease'' lol

This is interesting regarding Manny vs JMM 3 taken from that link above.
                  ''HBO polled a group of boxing writers and experts; 46% saw Marquez winning, 42% saw it a draw, 12% saw Pacquiao winning.''

I can't take some of these seriously tbh, I mean Nate Ravitz, ESPN: 117-111 Pacquiao, you've gotta be kidding me?

Everyone has their opinion, my personal opinion after seeing the fight 3 times including watching it in full in slow-mo is Marquez won that fight and it wasn't particularly that close.

Comment

I think Collins' comments are applicable to the last two Marquez/Pacquiao fights (Round 6 in II was given to Pacquiao by two judges - just idiotic) AND Pacquiao/Bradley, which was much closer than the majority of people were willing to admit.

Some people love pretending that Manny is the best boxer of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      I had it wider than I had the Bradley fight. The problem like Buncey stated is ''Manny disease'' lol

This is interesting regarding Manny vs JMM 3 taken from that link above.
                      ''HBO polled a group of boxing writers and experts; 46% saw Marquez winning, 42% saw it a draw, 12% saw Pacquiao winning.''

I can't take some of these seriously tbh, I mean Nate Ravitz, ESPN: 117-111 Pacquiao, you've gotta be kidding me?

Everyone has their opinion, my personal opinion after seeing the fight 3 times including watching it in full in slow-mo is Marquez won that fight and it wasn't particularly that close.
                      I didn't say Nate Ravitz's score was right, it's 1 of 51. You see a lot of reputable people scoring it for Pac, and tons scoring it a draw. It can't be a robbery by definition, that's when 95% of the press saw it one way, mostly wide, like Pac Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                      X