Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea why Chop Chop Corely said Danny Garcia vacates WBC belt b4 the Khan fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea why Chop Chop Corely said Danny Garcia vacates WBC belt b4 the Khan fight?

I thought the Garcia fight was supposed to be for all 3 belts but Demarcus Corley said in a interview that he'd be happy if Garcia fights Khan because Garcia would vacate the belt before fighting and it means Corley could then fight for the vacant title.. any idea why that would happen? why would Garcia vacate the belt and should Khan bother fighting him if he doesn't have the belt, shouldn't Khan try fighting for the vacant title instead?

Garcia is supposed to defend against Ajose Olusegun who's waited quite a while for a mando shot but a unification should take priority. Depends what the WBC say

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Garcia is supposed to defend against Ajose Olusegun who's waited quite a while for a mando shot but a unification should take priority. Depends what the WBC say
      ahh, so he's just jumping to conclusions.. the way he said it was like it's already a done deal, sounded like it was already decided his next fight would be for the vacant WBC title fight..

Comment

Originally posted by WeedHead View Post
        ahh, so he's just jumping to conclusions.. the way he said it was like it's already a done deal, sounded like it was already decided his next fight would be for the vacant WBC title fight..
        Trust me this is a done deal, Garcia is vacating, I spoke to one of olusegun team yesterday in london, Olusegun has fought more than 5 eliminators according to him and he has waited for over 3 years as a mandatory challenger, according to him he even allowed Morales-Garcia to happen with the final promise that he gets the winner, So the WBC really have no choice but to either make Garcia vacate it or fight olusegun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Trust me this is a done deal, Garcia is vacating, I spoke to one of olusegun team yesterday in london, Olusegun has fought more than 5 eliminators according to him and he has waited for over 3 years as a mandatory challenger, according to him he even allowed Morales-Garcia to happen with the final promise that he gets the winner, So the WBC really have no choice but to either make Garcia vacate it or fight olusegun.
          3 years is way too long but I suspect, if it's not already officially decided otherwise, the WBC will make him wait for one more fight. Reason is that Khan will definitely vacate all the titles, assuming he beats Garcia, before he moves up to 147 for the following fight, on the road to Mayweather. So Olsegun would be almost guaranteed to get the title shot afterwards and it could be for more than just one title.

Comment

So this fight will be for somewhere between 0 and 3 belts .

Comment

Originally posted by WeedHead View Post
              3 years is way too long but I suspect, if it's not already officially decided otherwise, the WBC will make him wait for one more fight. Reason is that Khan will definitely vacate all the titles, assuming he beats Garcia, before he moves up to 147 for the following fight, on the road to Mayweather. So Olsegun would be almost guaranteed to get the title shot afterwards and it could be for more than just one title.
              I dont know but when Bradley was stripped olusegun was also side-stepped so Morales can win the title, Morales was suppose to fight him too, but he fought Garcia instead.

But i have had a look at olusegun on boxrec and the only sanctioned eliminator i could see was his last fight against a no name, Who knows maybe garcia can fight Khan with that belt too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Yes^^^

Olusegun was Morales' mandatory, but of course being mandatory for Morales means nothing when the WBC is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                  So this fight will be for somewhere between 0 and 3 belts .
                  i would say between 0.1 and 3 belts is a more accurate assessment. in the worst case they can always invent another abc title. WBA super aquamarine light welterweight title sounds pretty good.

Comment

No ifs or buts, Garcia will fight Khan for the WBA/IBF/WBC,

I understand that the WBC has mandated fight but Jose Suliaman will make it the WBC Superworld since its a unification bout or the Diamond WBC belt which is a higher rank than the standard WBC.

Lets hope this great fight is confirmed soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X