Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs Israel Vazquez at 122?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao vs Israel Vazquez at 122?

Who wins this fight? Hard to say, both were beasts at 122. I think tho that Vazquez was unlike any other fighter Pac has faced as a SBW and that he has incredible power which, along with his heart and stamina and chin, would make him a strong favorite against the offensive-minded Manny. We cannot write off Manny tho, for he possessed better footspeed and perhaps even handspeed. He could also put together some amazing combinations, dazzling fast three punch or four punch combos. He really kicked arse at this weight.

Yet I think to really be favored against Vazquez you had to be a boxer type, a slicker type of fighter than Manny ever was or will be. And that was/is Rafael Marquez. In their first fight anyway. Manny couldn't count on putting this guy away with one or a few big punches, nono. And tho he was always very active, so was Vazquez. Magnifico could look hurt and finished sometimes but then would suddenly come back in spectacular fashion. Can't say I've ever seen Manny do that. And ofc, Manny never had the amazing left hook of Israel's, the one that put Larios out cold, the one that did in Marquez in the second fight, the one that also did in Jhonny Gonzalez and so on. Both men fought Larios, but only Vazquez stopped him-twice, first time with an amazing 1st round ko, where he as mentioned laid him out cold with one punch. They also both fought and stopped Jorge Eliecer Julio, Manny's stoppage being more impressive this time as it took him only 2 rounds and Israel 10.

I heard stories that they used to spar together and Israel gained fame for going toe-to-toe with Manny, something few dared to do even back then. It would really be an unforgettable fight, tho I think it wouldn't last as long as we would like it to last...maybe 10 rounds, but even that is not certain. Given how offensive-minded both are. I think Vazquez would likely be the winner, unless he got off to a bad start like against Gonzalez and was badly bruised and cut by Manny's onslaught, BUT on the other side it would make him wake up and mount a counteroffensive and then I think the stronger man would be Israel. It would likely last as long as the first 2 Rafa fights, 6-7 rounds. Israel Magnifico Vazquez by KO or Manny Pacman Pacquiao by TKO.
    Manny by ko/tko
    60.00%
    Israel by ko/tko
    20.00%
    Manny on points
    20.00%
    Israel on points
    0.00%
    Last edited by Pastrano; 05-09-2011, 05:05 PM.

Pacquiao KO or TKO. He's too fast, too strong, too freaking wild and relentless.

Comment

Pacquiao was extremely unrefined below feather (at even at feather, really) but he was so much more talented than Izzy I don't see it making a difference. Mid-round KO.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        Pacquiao was extremely unrefined below feather (at even at feather, really) but he was so much more talented than Izzy I don't see it making a difference. Mid-round KO.
        Much more talented, how? Besides the speed and coordination, I don't see any major differences in talent between the two. Only difference is, Israel fought a third fight with his Marquez brother and Pacquiao didn't. If Pac and JMM had fought a third fight right after the second one...who knows, Pac would possibly not be nr. 1 today.

Comment

hard to say... though izzy squared off with the better names @ 122... maybe i will go with izzy because his prime and maturity as a fighter was @ 122 and MP @ that weight was still very raw...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
            hard to say... though izzy squared off with the better names @ 122... maybe i will go with izzy because his prime and maturity as a fighter was @ 122 and MP @ that weight was still very raw...
            Don't forget to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
              Much more talented, how? Besides the speed and coordination, I don't see any major differences in talent between the two. Only difference is, Israel fought a third fight with his Marquez brother and Pacquiao didn't. If Pac and JMM had fought a third fight right after the second one...who knows, Pac would possibly not be nr. 1 today.
              That's all Pacquiao had over anyone, and it was always enough. It didn't matter that you knew what he was going to do, he was crazy fast and strong, and you couldn't do anything about it.

Comment

Working...
              X