Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was more shot? Oscar/Manny, Roy/Joe Tyson/Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Tyson Oscar. I don't think Oscar was completely shot to **** I mean he was shot but the weight really did him in
    If he had anything left nanny took it.

Roy well you know.

And Tyson well actually he could be last although he took a lot of punishment he still had monster power and if he actually trained and gave a **** he could still knock out some solid b list opponets but he just didn't care at that point.

Comment

None of them were shot.

-Oscar was drained

-Roy was was 5-1 from 2006-2009 still pretty good.

-Tyson was never beating a focused Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
        None of them were shot.

-Oscar was drained

Joe Calzaghe is one of the most underrated and under appreciated fighters of this era. He is the 2nd best British fighter of the modern era (imo, behind Lewis) and would have brutally dominated any version of Carl Froch. Probably 12-0.

But Roy was shot .

The B-Hop win was great though..That was probably a bigger win than anything Ward has done up to this point.

The issue with it is Bernard (and Joe) made that fight look so ugly, nobody want to give credit. It was a disgustingly vile filthy fight and it made a lot of people vomit.

Joe looked like he had some fun though when he dry humped.
        Last edited by WolfGirl; 11-22-2012, 02:07 AM.

Comment

I'm of the belief Oscar wasn't shot, just horrendously weight drained, a theory which is born out pretty well if you note his day-of weigh-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
            None of them were shot.

-Oscar was drained

to quote the great man 'you don't know shyt about boxing' ... well either that or you have an agenda. Roy was completely shot - a shadow of his former self. Tyson was well shot but if he had trained a bit harder he may have gone a few more rounds. Oscar ... well its an interesting one. I think the weight had more to do with it than anything. I don't think he was shot so much as weight drained.

Comment

Oscar, not only was he shot he was also weight drained

Comment

Oscar was not shot, he was just out of his prime and weight drained upon his own stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfGirl View Post
                  I watched all 3 fights this week and the fights LEADING up to them.

Lewis-Tyson.
                  This was a past prime ATG against a semi Shot ATG. I actually say 'semi shot' because Mike still had that 1-3 round burst in him and was still a extremely hard puncher. In fact he was pretty dangerous towards the end of his career with a single punch knock out as oppose to his combination punching abilities during his prime.

I honestly feel that if it wasn't Lennox in there but say a Povetkin or even a David Haye, that 2002 version of Tyson might have still caught them.

Shot Level: Semi Shot

Joe Calzaghe-Roy Jones Jr
                  Roy was shot to **** in this fight. It's ****ing funny how some people point out that he did 'well' against a shot to shyt Trinidad and made it seem as if Roy was back. Roy was never back, his reflexes were totally gone as was his speed/power/and just overall work rate.

Shot Level: Shot to shyt.

Manny Pacquaio vs Oscar De La Hoya.
                  Ya. This one was pretty embarrassing. Oscar was zombie boy in there.
                  The Oscar of this fight is probably comparable to the Tyson of the Kevin McBride fight.. (If that)
                  That being said Manny was the much smaller man and was a big under dog heading into the fight. It's still a good win, simply because of the underdog status, but that was not the real Oscar or even a 'past prime' Oscar.

Shot Level: Beyond shot to shyt
                  Thysonwas badly hot against Lewis. Lewis knew this and went to court to make Tyson keep his agreement to fight when Tyson was trying every way to get out of it. H was really retired by then and broken down, but needing money like a thirsy desert wanderer needs water.. The couple of fight after that over quite a time and just purely selling his name.

Jones wa nxt badly shot, and Oscar cme off the best. Not saying tht for any of them.

Comment

oscar was more weight drained than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by WolfGirl View Post
                      I watched all 3 fights this week and the fights LEADING up to them.

Lewis-Tyson.
                      This was a past prime ATG against a semi Shot ATG. I actually say 'semi shot' because Mike still had that 1-3 round burst in him and was still a extremely hard puncher. In fact he was pretty dangerous towards the end of his career with a single punch knock out as oppose to his combination punching abilities during his prime.

I honestly feel that if it wasn't Lennox in there but say a Povetkin or even a David Haye, that 2002 version of Tyson might have still caught them.

Shot Level: Semi Shot

Joe Calzaghe-Roy Jones Jr
                      Roy was shot to **** in this fight. It's ****ing funny how some people point out that he did 'well' against a shot to shyt Trinidad and made it seem as if Roy was back. Roy was never back, his reflexes were totally gone as was his speed/power/and just overall work rate.

Shot Level: Shot to shyt.

Manny Pacquaio vs Oscar De La Hoya.
                      Ya. This one was pretty embarrassing. Oscar was zombie boy in there.
                      The Oscar of this fight is probably comparable to the Tyson of the Kevin McBride fight.. (If that)
                      That being said Manny was the much smaller man and was a big under dog heading into the fight. It's still a good win, simply because of the underdog status, but that was not the real Oscar or even a 'past prime' Oscar.

Shot Level: Beyond shot to shyt
                      I don't think Oscar was shot to shyt, he was obviously past prime. The reason he looked so bad in that fight it because of weight. Its a myth that pac was the smaller man. He weighed more than Oscar on fight night.

I'm going with Tyson being the most shot, psychologically shot anyway. Hear him talking in between rounds, he sounds totally helpless. "He's too big, he's too strong"

That's how I remember it anyway. Old Iron Mike wouldn't have cared how big you were.

Comment

Working...
                      X