• Show
Clear All

the passion for the sweet science

Comment

Originally posted by cms
      what are mancs????
      People from Manchester.

Comment

Watching RJJ got me inspired, and also iron mike back in the day.

Comment

I've always wanted to learn a martial art. I found boxing to be the martial art for me. I like how my mind is forced to work in the ring. Try to out think and out box my opponent.

Comment

just pure satisfaction of the process...

Comment

I got into boxing after leaving a group home for incorrigible children. They put me in this after school program when I was 14 and assigned me to this counselor to try and put my life back on track. He brought me to this gym in Jersey City and told me this was a good place to go, being as I was a big boxing fan. That's how I started boxing. I was 210 lbs. at the time, and got down to 125 and won the 2003 Diamond Gloves in NJ. In mid July 2004, I was a life threatening car accident, but escaped with only a broken fibula and some minor damage to my right knee. I started drinking and doing drugs after that because the time I used to spend boxing was now vacant and I had nothing to do.
              Later that summer, I became reacquainted with a child hood friend of mine, Adrianna. I took a step back for a moment and realized that I was a 155 lb. loser who smoked too much weed and was drinking away his boxing aspirations. Last week, when she went away and wasn't returning until April, I went back to the gym with the sole purpose of losing all the weight I put on following the accident so I wouldn't be such a loser. It sucks as the hardest part of training is not being able to eat chinese food anymore, but I have to be tough about this. So I put off drinking and doing drugs until I got my ass into shape. Thats my motivation.

Comment

Working...
              X