No announcement yet.

loss is murder in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loss is murder in boxing

Take sillakh for example. People already writing him off. He has a solid win over despagine who is a solid guy and is still a prospect. I agree with dana white and lou dibella in that losses in boxing can kill a persons career where as in mma (not a big fan) even though a person has losses what is more important is if they put on a great show or are marketable and people want to see them. Honestly that **** is terrible. Even if a fighter loses i still eould like to see them again if they are good regardless or at peast have the capability of getting better. Undefeated records mean nothing to me. What is more important is the substance of the fighter. For example emanuel augustus has a ridiculously long loss record but people still wanted to see him because he was great regardless and put on a good show. I won't write off fighters simple because of a loss. It happens, that's life.

yeah in MMA you can even get KO'd constantly and still get the attention of the audience like Liddel

Comment

on boxingscene losing equals

1-you are shot

2-overated

3-or you were exposed

and your career is over

Comment

Fans are so fickle in boxing. If Sillakh were to string a few wins together people will be saying the same thing they were before this fight. Hell, it might only take one fight for them to start talking it again. Fighters do fight too little though. Instead of fighting a bunch of fights a year and maybe one decent fight they are just fighting in big matchups so it's hard not to knock them way down when they lose.

Comment

Biggest thing is that he just got caught after dominating

People said the same about Khan and look where he got.

Comment

Yeah that sucks. And i'll cosign Check. Boxing fans are simply to fickle. Larry, wtf, i couldnt agree more. Russian, exactly my point.

Comment

Boxing fans love winners and winners only. In boxing "You're only as good as your last fight". If he looks damn good in his next fight against a solid opponent watch fans change their mind again about him....and we have to read threads like "Chad Dawson won't go 12 with Sillakh" "Chad is ducking Sillakh" and blablablablablabla

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                Boxing fans love winners and winners only. In boxing "You're only as good as your last fight". If he looks damn good in his next fight against a solid opponent watch fans change their mind again about him....and we have to read threads like "Chad Dawson won't go 12 with Sillakh" "Chad is ducking Sillakh" and blablablablablabla
                That's my biggest problem with boxing fans. Top fighters if they lose to other top fighters they get ****ted on and prospects that are looking great get so much praise. Well, there's a reason why that prospect looks good....he isn't fighting the same talent! If the top fighters were fighting the same guys those prospects were fighting they would be icing them as well. People need to start taking in account who these guys are fighting.

Comment

I think some of it is because losing in boxing is arguably more damaging physically.

After a sustained heavy beating to the head and body in boxing a fighter is rarely the same.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    I think some of it is because losing in boxing is arguably more damaging physically.

After a sustained heavy beating to the head and body in boxing a fighter is rarely the same.
                    Many guys dont get a beating

Like Sillakh in his KO and Khan with 3 punches landed on him in HIs KO

Comment

Working...
                    X