Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan NEVER KOed Ortiz !!!! Get it right.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
    People say that it doesn't matter if a certain fighter has beaten another in the AM's, the Pro game is different

That's true, but if you're mentally weak as Ortiz has showed, I think it would have a bearing on the fight

Ortiz has a much better skill set than Maidana, but I'd back Maidana to beat him again if they ever fought, because I genuinely think he is and probably always will be in Ortiz's head

Exact same thing can be said about Khan and Prescott

Comment

Originally posted by dabezt2 View Post
      Exact same thing can be said about Khan and Prescott
      Nope

Khan didn't quit

The bottom line is, when it got tough Vic quit, showing his mental weakness

He restored a bit of pride in my eyes in the Berto fight

But still, you mention Ortiz to most fans and I'd bet the first thing they mention is him quitting against Maidana

Comment

Amateur fights have no baring on what would happen in the pros.

I would slightly favor Ortiz if they fought right now.

Comment

Nope

Khan didn't quit

But still, you mention Ortiz to most fans and I'd bet the first thing they mention is him quitting against Maidana
          that's another misconception technically the doctor stopped the fight because of the cut now you could **** on Ortiz post fight comments that's fair game but Ortiz got up from the knock down

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            that's another misconception technically the doctor stopped the fight because of the cut now you could **** on Ortiz post fight comments that's fair game but Ortiz got up from the knock down
            I watched the fight, and what I saw was Victor Ortiz practically waving the fight off himself, before the doctor was called onto the apron

Then we get onto the post fight interview, ''I don't deserve to be getting hit like this.'' Really?? Watch that interview and look at Oscar's face in the background, he knew what was up, and that was that Victor QUIT. Plain and simple, he was looking for a way out WHILE WINNING THE FIGHT

That to me shows mental weakness

Comment

I watched the fight, and what I saw was Victor Ortiz practically waving the fight off himself, before the doctor was called onto the apron

Then we get onto the post fight interview, ''I don't deserve to be getting hit like this.'' Really?? Watch that interview and look at Oscar's face in the background, he knew what was up, and that was that Victor QUIT. Plain and simple, he was looking for a way out WHILE WINNING THE FIGHT

That to me shows mental weakness
              that part I agree with and since you watched that fight then you seen how the cut was bothering Ortiz and how he wasn't seeing the right at all in the 6th round

Ortiz does have some weakness and is happy to let the fight go to the cards if he doesn't finish them early, he pretty much let Lamont Peterson off the hook and stopped pressuring thinking he had an easy UD in the bag. if he had a better corner then he would have dominated the entire fight imo

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                If they fought in the pros, Khan would Ko Ortiz, again.
                LOLyeah right!! Didnt JT beat Pavlik when they were still wet behind the ears?? Boy didnt that change in the pros! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Augie Sanchez beat Mayweather in the amateurs, Naseem Hamed ending his career with that Brutal knockout.

this made me want to go and watch how Barrera made him retire

Comment

Nope

Khan didn't quit

You make valid points, but I just dont see the Khan Vs Ortiz outcome being determined by mental weakness. Ortiz already proved he wont quit with Berto, and he took a massive shot in the 6th rd and just got up. Same with Khans chin and the maidana fight. Ortiz was 22 Years old when he fought Maidana, he is close to 25 now and probably older when he faces Khan.

I would think the outcome would be decided by either Khans speed and skills, or Ortiz power and pressure. Good fight regardless

Comment

Working...
                    X