No announcement yet.

Your Thoughts On Max Schmeling?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Thoughts On Max Schmeling?

Give me your take on his boxing career? Not just the Louis rematch. His overall career.

How great of a fighter was Max? Resume, Skills, Longativity etc

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
    Give me your take on his boxing career? Not just the Louis rematch. His overall career.

How great of a fighter was Max? Resume, Skills, Longativity etc
    He would almost certainly be under-rated historically were it not for the triumph over the young Louis, but Schmeling was a smart tactician and clever fighter, arguably the best of his generation. I feel he wouldve beaten Baer in a rematch, and he seemed to have won his return fight with the very handy Sharkey. His title reign belies his talents for certain, he had a heavy overhand right to compliment his savvy. His speed overall was probably a weakpoint, but all boxers have weakpoints. He did best some very respectable competition.

Comment

I dont think he was very good and I think either Klitschko brother KOs him early.

Comment

Originally posted by Who are you? View Post
        I dont think he was very good and I think either Klitschko brother KOs him early.
        Why not just come right out and say "Kick me I'm ignorant"? :rolleyes9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Why not just come right out and say "Kick me I'm ignorant"? :rolleyes9:

Poet
          Ignore him, he made a thread in the lounge called "What do you think of this style." Posting a picture of himself looking "cool" or in my eyes, like a right salad tosser

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            Ignore him, he made a thread in the lounge called "What do you think of this style." Posting a picture of himself looking "cool" or in my eyes, like a right salad tosser
            :hahahaha9::hahahaha9::hahahaha9:

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              :hahahaha9::hahahaha9::hahahaha9:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=459951

Comment

Anyway, back on topic.

A very good fighter, a Top 20 Heavyweight in my opinion. He had a great right hand as has already been mentioned. Another point is, before his move to the U.S.A is record wasn't great at all, which is extraordinaty.

His past prime win against Louis, is one of the greatest in boxing history.

Comment

:gay:

Comment

I have him top 20 as well.

Max's win over a prime Joe Louis is best win in Heavyweight history.

Comment

Working...
                    X