Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will This L Make Joshua Better Or Have We Seen His High Water Mark?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will This L Make Joshua Better Or Have We Seen His High Water Mark?

The first defeat a guy has often seems to make you or break you. Plenty of guys have built from L's & plenty of guys have been beaten with less resistence after that first L.

Which way do you think Joshua goes? Is he gonna learn & improve from this loss tonight or will he put up less of a fight in his next tough outing & we've seen the best of him?

It's not just that he lost, he was beat down. It's in the similar way to the Maidana-Broner thing. It's one thing to lose a UD decision or something in the way Jermell Charlo did, but he knocked the guy down, the guy got back up to drop him 4 times. Joshua is now going to fight in the UK until Hearn is ready to cash him out. I wouldn't be surprised if he never fights Wilder at all now.

Comment

I think AJ is the HW victor Ortiz I don't think he is mentally built for this sport

Comment

I think hes ****ed. Hes gonna be very careful in his fights and hes not beating wilder or fury. His chin is not the greatest and once wilder lands it's over. Fury outboxes him. Hell he gonna have a hard time beating Ruiz (has a chance if he stays outside and boxes from the distance and take no chances in the inside.) By 2021 Joshua will have 2 or 3 losses. He quit tonight after it got tough in there . Now we know what hes made of. Next time the going gets tough hes gonna mentally give up and if its vs wilder hes gonna be physically looking up at the stars.

Comment

I think only time will tell. If he takes the immediate rematch and regains the titles, with no homecooked fookery involved, then that would be a respectable feat. However, he has been exposed to a wider audience, in ways that his detractors will say they have known it all along. The hype train has been derailed, and the reality is AJ is limited and very vulnerable. The Frank Bruno comparison is very fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            The first defeat a guy has often seems to make you or break you. Plenty of guys have built from L's & plenty of guys have been beaten with less resistence after that first L.

Which way do you think Joshua goes? Is he gonna learn & improve from this loss tonight or will he put up less of a fight in his next tough outing & we've seen the best of him?
            AJ looks toast. He looked mentally crushed probably even more so than psychically.

I'm sound like a punk but AJ should have started doing movies and stuff already so that he already had the transition to get away from the sport in place.

Now he has big embarrassing L and it looks like he'll never recover from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              I think AJ is the HW victor Ortiz I don't think he is mentally built for this sport
              Exactly, front-runners eventually get caught from behind.

AJ is DONE.

He better sell the house he just bought, no way he can make those payments after he gets crushed again in the rematch.

Comment

Lennox needed a couple of wake up calls
                Wlad even more

They got better as will AJ....not better enough to beat Wilder, though.

Comment

He is done.

It wasn't a one punch KO.

He showed several vulnerabilities.

His Chin
                  His Stamina
                  His Ring IQ
                  His Head Movement
                  His inability to adapt

But most of all his heart, he showed fear and got scared to pull the trigger because of feared of being countered and then the way he quit.

The world knows these weaknesses now and they will jump on him for that.

No way back IMO

Comment

I need to watch the fight!!

He’ll come back, of course. This was the drake curse haha.

He’ll come back, Andy Ruiz will probably make the mistakes every shock champion made before him and go on a media tour and get even fatter and then AJ will will win the rematch presumably in his own back garden.

But history tells us the stench of an early KO loss lasts forever. Klitschko, Lewis etc. they were known as chinny.

Up to AJ to show everyone what he’s made of now.

Comment

Working...
                    X