No announcement yet.

Tony Ayala

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Ayala

How far do you think he could of gone? how would of he done against davey moore, donald curry, sugar ray, roberto duran, hearns and benitez? i think ayala would of become a world champion, all time great am not so sure? his fight against lamont kirklind in the golden gloves final is the most excting amateur fight i have ever seen! he and my man bobby czyz use to have some heated sparring encounters bobby said in a interview years later tony hit like a ton of bricks!
    Last edited by cotto16; 01-05-2010, 02:46 PM.

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
    Hoe far to do you think he could of gone? how would of he done against davey moore, donald curry, sugar ray, roberto duran, hearns and benitez? i think ayala would of become a world champion, all time great am not so sure? his fight against lamont kirklind in the golden gloves final is the most excting amateur fight i have ever seen!
    IMO he would not have beaten the top fighters of his day...

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      IMO he would not have beaten the top fighters of his day...
      what makes you think that he was beating up top fighters while still a amateur have you heard the story about ayala beating up then world champion cuevas in sparring

Comment

You cant really judge a fighter because of what they did in sparring

You cant really say anything good or bad about ayala.. a similar thread was about recently

Comment

I think he would've become a world titlist for sure, if he managed to catch Duran on a bad day, who knows what could've happened? Benitez was ripe for the picking at the time so Ayala would've probably beaten him, I think he couldn't beaten Moore. But the Leonards, the Hearns, the Haglers, the McCallums of the world probably would've beaten him but I don't think he would've been blown out by them. Tony Ayala was a huge waste of talent.

Comment

Ayala looked good against who he was fighting. Surely a very good prospect. But I think we had to see more to really know how far he might go. Most of the guys he beat were not very good. Epps had already been stopped early and Mike Baker was a journeyman who lucked out and previously got a title shot but never contented again. We have seen so many hot prospects fall along the wayside on the road to contention, the one that never made it shouldn't be to highly praised. At least in my opinion.

Comment

I saw him fight Curtis "the Razor" Ruddick and get his fat face slapped around for several rounds. Tony used some fine techniques like spitting in Ruddick's face and hitting after the bell. Way after. He was a real jerk compared to his brother Sammie who almost put a whipping on Danny Lopez while being a heroin addict.

Comment

Working...
              X