No announcement yet.

Should I start training with

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I start training with

Running shoes or something similar ? Because I normally train with boxing shoes but they were out pretty badly in between fights so do you guys think it would be better to train with running shoes and just keep the boxing shoes for fights an if so what running shoes are good for boxing.

Thanks,

No, i think that would risk damaging your footwork.

Comment

my feet end up hurting when i use running shoes for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by jakelamotta#1 View Post
        Running shoes or something similar ? Because I normally train with boxing shoes but they were out pretty badly in between fights so do you guys think it would be better to train with running shoes and just keep the boxing shoes for fights an if so what running shoes are good for boxing.

Thanks,
        I think you shouldnt use running shoes for your training, i saw 1 guy using that while sparring and did he hurt one of his ankles, was it the shoes ? im sure it didnt help. I use boxing shoes every time im the gym, never tried anything else in 25 years so...

Comment

I definitely wouldn't use running shoes. Running shoes are designed to go one direction and that's. They have absolutely no ankle support, and the sole of the shoes is not designed whatsoever for lateral movement. I really like my running shoes, but the one time I used them for other sports (Basketball and boxing) I rolled my ankle. Certain cross trainers on the other hand would be sufficient. I use some from time to time because the tread has a tendency to last much longer than most boxing shoes.

Comment

I wear basketball shoes for training. They come up higher so they have more ankle support than running shoes.

Save my actual boxing shoes for fights, too expensive to have them wear out quick.

Comment

Thanks for the replys the main reason I wondered is cause I remember seeing like Miguel Cotto or JMM training in running or cross training type of shoes.

Comment

Just go bare foot and toughen up your feet, watch out for blisters though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
                  Just go bare foot and toughen up your feet, watch out for blisters though.
                  Definitely love the barefoot approach. Or at least the barefoot simulation approach, which I just entered.

I just got these "barefoot" type shoes, Vibram Five Fingers KSO, and I can now run without pain, and train without any foot issues.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

You will have a hard time finding bad reviews about them.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
                    Definitely love the barefoot approach. Or at least the barefoot simulation approach, which I just entered.

I just got these "barefoot" type shoes, Vibram Five Fingers KSO, and I can now run without pain, and train without any foot issues.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

You will have a hard time finding bad reviews about them.
                    Keep **** out....Im looking to get a pair as well probably the bilka

But in the meanwhile ive found about 5 miles of dirt trails through corn fields and been jogging bare foot there every once and a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X