Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes the bigger man just has better skills regardless of weight. Spence vs Mikey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes the bigger man just has better skills regardless of weight. Spence vs Mikey

People here always mention that the weight jump is too big. But I firmly believe that the in the case of spence vs mikey spence is the better boxer and if they were the same size he would still win. I predict spence will win not by power andd brute strength but by technique and boxing ability and he will outbox mikey. It's the same way that lomo outboxed rigo. Weight had zero to do with it. Lomachenko didn't beat rigo with brute strength. He slipped all of rigos' punches, made him miss and outboxed him. These are two examples where the bigger man is just more technically sound and weight will not play a role like most thought and think.

I think Mikey is the better fundamental boxer but he lacks defense and speed which would allow him to turn the tide in his favor

Comment

I think Spence can be outboxed and is a slow starter. He's not great laterally, and doesn't have great ring generalship. His defense is also leaky in my eyes. Not bad, but not great.

Having said that, I don't rate Mikey as highly as most, especially not after his last 2 fights. I think Mikey looked very poor vs. Robert Easter. Against Spence in his bulked up physique, Mikey will be even slower and less coordinated - he's not anywhere close to being comfortable at that weight yet.

I think it will look like Canelo - Khan. Mikey will look the right size and will box with a little bit of success, which will be mostly due to Spence's slow starts. Don't see Mikey lasting past 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
        People here always mention that the weight jump is too big. But I firmly believe that the in the case of spence vs mikey spence is the better boxer and if they were the same size he would still win. I predict spence will win not by power andd brute strength but by technique and boxing ability and he will outbox mikey. It's the same way that lomo outboxed rigo. Weight had zero to do with it. Lomachenko didn't beat rigo with brute strength. He slipped all of rigos' punches, made him miss and outboxed him. These are two examples where the bigger man is just more technically sound and weight will not play a role like most thought and think.
        Spence’s boxing skills are no where near Lomachenkos

Comment

Spence could wipe out most of 154, nevermind 147.

He's too much for any of these guys including Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
            I agree with you that if they were the same size Spence would win. I think Spence will combine his better skills with his much better power and chin to knock Mikey out early. MAN DOWN! MIKEY DOWN!

Comment

Crawford i dont think so

Comment

I'd pick Spence if Garcia was a natural Middleweight.

That's how much I think of Garcia's skillset.

Comment

Spence wins this by stoppage but I don't consider him the more talented fighter. Brook made him look pretty basic for a little while. Not to say Spence isn't talented but he's hiding flaws well by being huge for the weight. Garcia is more fundamentally sound imo but it sure as **** won't matter on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                    I'd pick Spence if Garcia was a natural Middleweight.

That's how much I think of Garcia's skillset.
                    Yeah. I said it.

Funny, how all these crybabies are showing up after the fight and are acting like we didn't know size would have NOTHING to do with to outcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X