No announcement yet.

Weird training method- shadowboxing while dizzy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird training method- shadowboxing while dizzy

I was reading about the MMA fighter Fedor Emelianenko, and some of his training methods, and found this.

"Another interesting thing they practice is spinning around 'like a ballerina' til they get dizzy, then shadow boxing or sparring."

Sounds weird, but would that really help you prepare for taking hard shots and still fighting. Cuz when you get hit you get dizzy, so I'd imagine shadowboxing after doing this it could help you. Any thoughts.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was watching a video of him and his brother doing that and was going wtf...

Comment

we do that some times in our gym
      it supposed to help out your equliberium
      and help prepare you to take punches

Comment

Yea it definetly helps. I have read that tip from a very respected boxing/bodybuilding website before and basically it helps sort your balance out like Boxer2k5 said. It would most help when you get hit and you get that dizzyness feeling.

I have forgotten the name of the part in your ear it "trains" but it basically helps balance, much like if your were a gymnast, your balance would be ultra good. This does a similar thing.

Comment

it's not weird at all.
          When you get hit with a really bad shot you get really dizzy, cant stand still and wobbling. Very much the same as when you spin for a while.

Comment

Working...
          X