Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in Chavez Jr vs Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever his next move is, the competition and the money at middle is superior to that at light heavy.

Comment

too bad chavez won't be handling martinez next week. i say chavez moves up to 168 after next week. bob arum builds a fight up between him and pavlik. then they go after someone like abraham or something. no way they let chavez get in there with ward.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFactor View Post
        If Chavez jr handles Sergio Martinez next week, why not match him up with Andre Ward? He's definitely big enough to go to 168, and probably should be there now. I think its a money maker of a fight. Not so sure the Chavez folks would want it though.
        A good body puncher with an iron chin would beat Ward. Chavez jr or Golovokvin

Comment

lol, iono if he'll fight outside the U.S for a big fight
          I think he only fought outside once in his career

Comment

Martinez vs Ward 164lbs catchweight is "the fight"

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              A good body puncher with an iron chin would beat Ward. Chavez jr or Golovokvin
              You might be right about the style of fighter that that could (not would) beat Ward, but the fighter you detail has to be physically stronger than Ward (to be able to dictate the range at which the fight is fought and have an effect on Ward)... and I doubt Chavez Jr. or Golovkin are stronger than Ward because Ward.

Why? Because Ward backed up, pushed around, and just out-muscled 2 of the P4P strongest fighters in boxing, in Bika and Abraham.

This is one of the absolute worse fights for Chavez. He'd take a beating...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                  i heard this is the plan for chavez jr, the fight is a rumor already n supposedly its gona be in mexico, that is if chavez wins next week n a few tune ups at 168
                  Ward better request neutral judges or we could see Chavez/Whitaker 2.

Comment

I can see this happening the next year or two. If Chavez moves up to 168 and gets some good wins, why not???

Comment

omg no
                      ward would slaughter him worse than sergio is gunna

honestly i see GGG vs ward in the next year or 2 and it will decide p4p #1

Comment

Working...
                      X