Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever root against your countrymen??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever root against your countrymen??

I never root against my countrymen unless they are fighting against each other, like Morales did VS Barrera, I was rooting for Morales. Heck I also root for anyone that has Mexican ethnicity (Chicanos, Half-bloods) I know that sometimes my countrymen will, or might lose but I dont care, I will never root against my people.. At least Im being honest, and its not that I dont know boxing, Its just the way I am.. Got it from my dad, he always rooted for Mexicans and Chicanos even if they sucked!! Rooting for LAtinos is a different thing all together. I will root against Latinos that are not Mexican every once in awhile, especially if they have beat a bunch of Mexicans.. LMAO

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
    I never root against my countrymen unless they are fighting against each other, like Morales did VS Barrera, I was rooting for Morales. Heck I also root for anyone that has Mexican ethnicity (Chicanos, Half-bloods) I know that sometimes my countrymen will, or might lose but I dont care, I will never root against my people.. At least Im being honest, and its not that I dont know boxing, Its just the way I am.. Got it from my dad, he always rooted for Mexicans and Chicanos even if they sucked!! Rooting for LAtinos is a different thing all together. I will root against Latinos that are not Mexican every once in awhile, especially if they have beat a bunch of Mexicans.. LMAO
    .....jamas....

I root for fighters like Mosley though..

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
      .....jamas....

I root for fighters like Mosley though..
      Mosely is one of my favorite fighters of all time, never rooted for him against Mexicans or Chicanos though..every other time I rooted for him, even against Cotto and Mayorga.

Comment

usually root for "gente". unless i dont know the dude

Comment

Only once, when they played The Harlem Globetrotters..

Comment

I root for whoever I think deserves the win based on his dedication, hard work and determination.

Comment

I root against puerto ricans only when they fight a fighter they severely outclass and obviously cherrypick.

Few examples are Camacho-Chavez Sr., Calderon-Segura, and Tito-Hopkins.

In truth though, only time I root against them is if I find them boring. Dont like boring champs (for me to find a boxer boring is if they spend 50% of a round shadow boxing or hugging).

Comment

oh pr vs mexico rivalry.. I can never win

Comment

Originally posted by !! AI-Holmes!! View Post
                  Only once, when they played The Harlem Globetrotters..
                  Are you Puerto Rican?

Comment

Never Have-Never Will

Comment

Working...
                    X