No announcement yet.

Trade Talks With China Collapse, Trump To Impose An Additional 25% Tariff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    I bring in containers upon containers of hardwood floors from China and this tariff sht has been affecting me and my circle.

Like I said bruh, fuk donald.
    It’s all about you, huh?

Maybe China should drop their tariffs on US imports, then see what happens.

So far it’s pretty one way to China’s advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      It’s all about you, huh?

Maybe China should drop their tariffs on US imports, then see what happens.

So far it’s pretty one way to China’s advantage.
      All about business, yes. Im in wholesale so ive been able to manage but the smaller retailers are closing down left and right. Why should they be sacrificed? This isnt about me man. It’s about being able to make a living and this tariff is damaging big time.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        Looks like the US and China were just about ready to come to a trade agreement when at the last minute China pulled out on a few key specifics crucial to the deal. They have constantly pulled this tactic at the last minute with US in the past, however, this time it looks like there will be a penalty to pay.

https://www.apnews.com/e8a5195c21af44e5b783082366cc2f29
        This will dampen global growth.

Comment

I guess this is why some people voted for Trump. They believe in his business acumen, and ability to win deals.

I'm not convinced. He's had too many failures, and this is a big bet. But if he pulls it off, then it may have some positive outcomes.

Hope it isn't a case of Trump playing tic-tac-toe while the chinese are playing go.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
            I guess this is why some people voted for Trump. They believe in his business acumen, and ability to win deals.

I'm not convinced. He's had too many failures, and this is a big bet. But if he pulls it off, then it may have some positive outcomes.

Hope it isn't a case of Trump playing tic-tac-toe while the chinese are playing go.
            Tariffs have never worked

Many other countries are doing trade deals with China without resorting to tariffs

Trump is a hopeless businessman and has no clue about foreign policy

Comment

Looks like the US and China were just about ready to come to a trade agreement when at the last minute China pulled out on a few key specifics crucial to the deal. They have constantly pulled this tactic at the last minute with US in the past, however, this time it looks like there will be a penalty to pay.

https://www.apnews.com/e8a5195c21af44e5b783082366cc2f29
              Jim! Jim! This situation reminds me of a few of ours. 8:45 mark and on is my favourite part. They were being educated. To be specific Jim, Shoemaker reminds me of you. Seems to have a slow brain.

Comment

Doesn't matter trade won't get done. You think Dems will let Trump get this win? No way, they would rather China screw us. I can promise you Dems are telling China to hold out for the election. You think John Kerry met with China for no reason?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Jim! Jim! This situation reminds me of a few of ours. 8:45 mark and on is my favourite part. They were being educated. To be specific Jim, Shoemaker reminds me of you. Seems to have a slow brain.

You never answered if you preferred that your ancestors were never taken from Africa and brought over here, so that you might've grown up in West Africa.

Comment

You never answered if you preferred that your ancestors were never taken from Africa and brought over here, so that you might've grown up in West Africa.
                    i would have preferred if they off their own volition made the journey over here.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      i would have preferred if they off their own volition made the journey over here.
                      Sounds like you're actually quite happy slavery happened and landed you in a tropical paradise compared to where you would've been born and lived.

Comment

Working...
                      X