Collapse
No announcement yet.

Webster's Dictionary Definition of Savage: Jim Lampley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He hates that fight for the same reason Oscar hates it. It was on Showtime. If it was promoted by Oscar on HBO they would love the fight.Still he might be right. If there is a rematch then he called correctly. If there is no rematch then he was wrong. It's hard to believe Mayweather could be as terrible as he looked against Conor. It's believable to me that he lost rounds on purpose and let him last 10 rounds on purpose.A rematch would sure be an easy way to make another fortune and he loves money.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
      I think there's some bad blood there, I just don't know why he's so disproving of what Floyd is doing. Perhaps it's because Floyd is sucking all the power and directing it at himself, making even HBO obsolete.
      lol HBO is far from obsolete. tmt will end up folding and going out of business when gayweather jr inevitably goes broke from spending all that money like a ******.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        nice pic you caught the one punch pac landed. nice work!!!!!
        Hahaha.. Exactly what I thought! They sometimes can't move on.

Comment

Jim is the definition of a shill:
          -A person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
            Actually, if you wanted to prove Lampley was savage, all you'd have to do is post this:

And oh yeah, I bet you really like what he has to say about MMA, Lou.

Cheers!

Longtime HBO Boxing play-by-play announcer Jim Lampley was arrested late last week and charged with domestic abuse. The 57-year-old Lampley now faces a felony charge of domestic abuse/corporal injury and two misdemeanor counts of violating a restraining order and dissuading a witness.

San Diego County Sheriff’s Captain Glenn Revell told the Associated Press, “The circumstances are that there was an altercation between Mr. Lampley and a 28-year-old female with whom he reportedly has a dating relationship.”

The woman in question is 28-year-old Candice Sanders, who won the Miss California USA pageant in 2003. Sanders alleges multiple cases of assault and further claimed that Lampley was drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana prior to the most recent incident, which was allegedly witnessed by Lampley’s 14-year-old son.

Lampley was released from police custody after posting $35,000 in bail. Lampley’s public relations representative, Howard Bragman, released a statement in which Lampley said, “I am innocent of the charge of domestic abuse that has been leveled against me and will vigorously defend myself. I’m confident that the process will prove that I’m not guilty of this charge. I thank my friends and family for their support during this difficult time, and ask for the understanding and patience from the media until my legal situation allows me to discuss this in more depth.”

Lampley drew the ire of MMA fans last summer when he said on Jim Rome’s radio show that UFC events are nothing more than bar fights and that MMA fighters are “not athletes.” Lampley also said at the time that any of the top fighters from the UFC or K-1 would lose very quickly to a top boxer, and that the UFC “will never be bigger than boxing.”

HBO has not yet made any public comment on Lampley’s status as HBO Boxing’s play-by-play announcer. The next HBO broadcast on which Lampley would be an announcer is scheduled for January 20th.
            THIS is Savage.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              I think there's some bad blood there, I just don't know why he's so disproving of what Floyd is doing. Perhaps it's because Floyd is sucking all the power and directing it at himself, making even HBO obsolete.
              Floyd Mayweather is a big reason why HBO airs fights like Corrales-Machado now.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                yea jim hates Floyd he WOULD never talk that way if Floyd was with HBO.just sour grapes
                Wasn’t he all on floyds nutts when Floyd was with HBO

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Wasn’t he all on floyds nutts when Floyd was with HBO
                  No him and merchant never gave floyd a “fair shake”

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    No him and merchant never gave floyd a “fair shake”
                    This
                    Jim was forced to tolerate FM under HBO but now he can let his true feelings out and its clear he just flat out dislikes the guy

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                      THIS is Savage.

Nine months later Jim became a grandpa.

Comment

Working...
                      X