No announcement yet.

Is mayweather past his best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
    Of course he's not as fast as he was when he was 22 and weighed 130. Floyd is still one of the fastest fighters out there.

The thing is Floyd has become a better boxer and has matured a lot since his years at light weight. I've said it before, I think Floyd is at the apex of his prime right now, both physically and mentally.

He's never been as big or stronger, while just as fast, and now a whole lot wiser, smarter, and experienced.
    Floyd were better at the lower weight class'. But he has gotten more experience since. His best year were at lightweight, and the years he were retired.

Comment

Floyd is past his best he is losing his legs and is not the fighter he was 5yrs ago, his fight with Mosley was surprising in the fact that Mosley is clearly a `shot` fighter who was huffing & puffing as early as the 3rd round, Floyd tried his best for a KO or TKO victory but never came near to accomplishing that feat, IMO Pacquiao looks a very good bet to beat Floyd later this year - "once a fighter loses his legs he can never get them back" - Pacquiao with his movement & angles will TKO Floyd

Comment

how can you class Mosley as a shot fighter when he was coming off of one of the best wins of his career stopping Margarito who was the favourite fair enough that was well over a year ago maybe the inactivity got to him or he just aged over night but I wouldn’t say he was shot.

I don’t think Floyd is quite as fast as he used to be but he’s still fast but to say his legs are gone based on the Mosley fight? Floyd didn’t need to move around a lot to fight Shane. Floyd was on the front foot is that so hard to understand he fought Mosley that way to make a statement.

One thing I believe is that his ring generalship and boxing I.Q are still by far the best in the game

Comment

He is in his prime. Stop making excuses *****s. He wasn't that great @LW. Castillo owned his ass. He improved a lot since the Castillo fight. He may not be as fast as he was back in these days, but is a lot stronger and has a better boxing iq.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyJ View Post
            He is in his prime. Stop making excuses *****s. He wasn't that great @LW. Castillo owned his ass. He improved a lot since the Castillo fight. He may not be as fast as he was back in these days, but is a lot stronger and has a better boxing iq.
            excuses for what?

Comment

while i dont think he is at his best as in the lower weights, i think the break has done him the world of good and defo looks better than when he left

Comment

Originally posted by LightsOutLewis View Post
                excuses for what?
                He doesn't know, they just run around flaming, bashing, and hating for the hell of it.

Comment

yesterday he was faster, but today hes a lot sharper, precise and masterful. Prolly all in all hes better now.

Comment

Keep the replys' coming

Comment

Working...
                    X