Chuck Responds 2 Kimbo......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Responds 2 Kimbo......

from mmajunkie.com

The back-and-forth media battle between EliteXC heavyweight Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson and former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell just entered round three.

Liddell struck first when he said a checkered past of beating up a "bunch of guys on the street" is the only reason for Ferguson's popularity. In a YouTube video response, Ferguson warned that Liddell is "only creating a monster" who's going to zip Liddell's mouth shut for good.

Liddell struck back over the weekend during an interview with the Dallas-based "Rear Naked Radio" radio show and again questioned Ferguson's body of work.

"All I said is fight to someone real," Liddell said. "The only guy he lost to in his street-fight things came into the UFC and lost. Fight a guy that is real and fight a guy... who has a few wins in MMA, and then talk about it."

Liddell was referencing Sean Gannon, a former Boston police officer who answered Ferguson's open call for opponents to fight in bare-knuckle bouts. The chaotic fight ended in victory for Gannon. The notoriety he earned from the widely distributed video earned Gannon an invitation to the UFC, where he suffered a bloody first-round TKO loss to Brandon Lee Hinkle. Gannon hasn't fought professionally since the defeat.

"Before he talks about fighting me, he might want to think about beating somebody that has a winning record," Liddell said. "He's an Internet sensation who beat up guys at Taco Bell. Come on. How hard is that to do?"

Liddell also criticized Bo Cantrell, who was Ferguson's opponent in his second professional fight.

"That first fight they had on HDNet, he fought a guy that had been knocked out two times before in less than 30 seconds, and he tapped on his way down in [that] one," Liddell said. "That was three fights that he lost in less than 30 seconds. How many guys do you know who's done that?

"Talk about a tomato can."

Rear Naked Radio broadcasts Saturday night on KLLI 105.3 FM, which is part of CBS Radio. Past episodes of the show can be downloaded from iTunes.

"That was three fights that he lost in less than 30 seconds. How many guys do you know who's done that?
    I can think of one by the name of James Thompson, Kimbo's next opponent lol.

Loss Neil Grove KO (Punch) CR 22 - Hard as Hell 7/14/2007 1 0:10

Loss Eric Esch KO CR 20 - Born 2 Fight 2/10/2007 1 0:43

Loss Aleksander Emelianenko KO PRIDE 28 - High Octane 10/31/2004 1 0:11

I guess he made it over 30 with Bean. There's 3 losses in a total of 1:04.

Comment

Kimbo wouldn't last a 1 round with a good mma fighter.

Comment

I love how the more Liddell tells it like it is, the more Kimbo gets all riled up.

And Baserocks is correct, Thompson is just a better known version of Cantrell.

I've never seen a more protected MMA fighter in my life. The fact that he main events cards is a ****ing disgrace.

Comment

will kimbo fans still hug the nuts and defend him on here?

Comment

Liddell is only telling it like it is. Kimbo is probobly just building up his record. I think a Liddell vs Kimbo fight would be big. Two stand up punchers trading it in the octagon but Dana will never invite Kimbo to the UFC

Comment

Whoever wrote that is a horrible writer.

Comment

Kimbo gets retired in the first round by Chuck. lmao. The things people will say for publicity.

Comment

yeah Chucks awesome, other fighters have called Kimbo out 2 from Elite XC but he hasn't responded 2 them.....could he actualy b scared of them.
                  Buentello, Rizzo, damn forgot the others, Hell Even Fellow Freak Show Fighter Butterbean has called him out an still nothing, he only Replies 2 Chuck cause he knows Chuck wouldn't waste his time on him.
                  who knows maybe Thompson can pull off a win(doubt it)

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    I love how the more Liddell tells it like it is, the more Kimbo gets all riled up.

And Baserocks is correct, Thompson is just a better known version of Cantrell.

I've never seen a more protected MMA fighter in my life. The fact that he main events cards is a ****ing disgrace.
                    How is he protected? He has had less than 5 fights. You can't honestly expect him to jump in there with Antonio Silva given his lack of experience.

Give Kimbo another year or two, if he doesn't step it up by then it will be safe to say he is protected but until now he is what he is, a hyped up streetfighter who has made the jump across to a mainstream sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X