No announcement yet.

Better skills: part 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better skills: part 3

Who has/had better skills, Cleveland Williams or Sam Peter? Please explain why you voted for either one or the other. Thank you.

Sam Peter
    25.00%
    Cleveland Williams
    75.00%

The poll is expired.

your agenda is so obvious my friend, but at least it makes some sense to do this since a lot of debates are based on the now vs the old

Cleveland Williams was a beast. I have made a thread some time back focusing on his insane abiltity to double, triple or quadruple (?) on his left hook

he could really pull off nice combos, he had good balance, good punching technique, but his right hand wasn't great

he had a somewhat similar style to the one of Holyfield

Peter is plodding, he can't put punches together, all his punches are wide and telegraphed, he doesn't go the body, he's slow

without the power and the chin, he would not have gotten far in his career

Williams wins the skills contest, it's not close

Comment

williams had a ton going for him all things considered.
      speed of upper body and hand
      lots of range with his footspeed and his reach
      very good lead hand with the jab and the hook

he wasnt fat.... cant say the same thing about peter in lots of his fights. sad, really.
      he'd make huge waves if he came up as a prospect in the coming years. he had a ton of talent.

peter had a two things going for him
      the big swinging right
      and the big swinging left

oh and a pretty decent chin

Comment

Sam Peter was a beast.

Laying the traps, waiting for that certain annoying guy to come at me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
          your agenda is so obvious my friend, but at least it makes some sense to do this since a lot of debates are based on the now vs the old

Cleveland Williams was a beast. I have made a thread some time back focusing on his insane abiltity to double, triple or quadruple (?) on his left hook

he could really pull off nice combos, he had good balance, good punching technique, but his right hand wasn't great

he had a somewhat similar style to the one of Holyfield

Peter is plodding, he can't put punches together, all his punches are wide and telegraphed, he doesn't go the body, he's slow

without the power and the chin, he would not have gotten far in his career

Williams wins the skills contest, it's not close
          Im not tying to hide my agenda, friend. In fact I'll come right out and tell you that Im posting these threads to show just how terrible todays heavyweight division is. I see the same posters voting for todays fighters but none of them want to explain their choices why. I don't mind anybody picking who the want, but at least explain why instead of telling everyone in other threads that this era is not bad. It is very clear to see that it is.

Comment

Williams by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Im not tying to hide my agenda, friend. In fact I'll come right out and tell you that Im posting these threads to show just how terrible todays heavyweight division is. I see the same posters voting for todays fighters but none of them want to explain their choices why. I don't mind anybody picking who the want, but at least explain why instead of telling everyone in other threads that this era is not bad. It is very clear to see that it is.
              I respect your honesty

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                Sam Peter was a beast.

Laying the traps, waiting for that certain annoying guy to come at me.
                I'm annoying because I destroy your bull**** ''arguments'' left and right using intelligence and logic

Comment

Williams though it's partly by default as Peter has so few discernible skills. Half the punches he landed in that clip were illegal!

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
                    Williams though it's partly by default as Peter has so few discernible skills. Half the punches he landed in that clip were illegal!

He's awful and he was a titlist of this era. That speaks volumes in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X