No announcement yet.

muhammad ali's success

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muhammad ali's success

do you think it's possible for any future fighters to have the success and fans that ali had?

Well, remember that Ali was not as popular in his day as he is now. He was actually one of the most hated people in America at one point. Hard to believe, I know! Mike Tyson was alot more popular in his prime than Ali.

When it comes to success, yes I believe a future fighter at some point can scale the same heights as Ali once did.

But there will never ever be another Muhammad Ali. I don't rate him as the greatest fighter, but he definitely was the greatest sports figure of all time.

Comment

yeah, but when he went to Zaire, he was one of the most popular people in the world, now that can't be said about most people

Comment

Boxing needs to sort out it's press and promotions then maybe we'll see another fighter like Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by M26
          Well, remember that Ali was not as popular in his day as he is now. He was actually one of the most hated people in America at one point. Hard to believe, I know! Mike Tyson was alot more popular in his prime than Ali.

When it comes to success, yes I believe a future fighter at some point can scale the same heights as Ali once did.

But there will never ever be another Muhammad Ali. I don't rate him as the greatest fighter, but he definitely was the greatest sports figure of all time.
          And that's what Ali loved. He loved getting booed while entering a fight and then winning the fight. He said that about the Liston fight, he knew he was gonna get booed and everyone thought he would lose, but he would prove them wrong, and that he did.

Comment

Originally posted by M26

how do you know? its highly unlikely, but never should not be in that statement. it's possible, but that guy is gonna have to try real hard.

Comment

even if it is. its going to be a heavyweight. they never give lower classes the dredit that they deserve

Comment

if another sugar ray robinson comes along, you may be eating those words. actually the welterweight and middleweight division is prominent at this very moment. so actually you are wrong. it may be any division. just not the flyweights lol!

Comment

Working...
                X