No announcement yet.

GSP vs Wanderlei @ 185??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSP vs Wanderlei @ 185??

If GSP wanted to move up to MW this would be a good fight for the fans.

I think he knows himself that Anderson is too difficult a fight for him so this would be a good alternative. They are both a similar height. Would be good to see if GSP can takedown and control a legitimate LHW the way he does at WW.

I think now, in his weight class, there is not much else he can do, he has beaten the best strikers and has taken down and dominated world class wrestlers. He owes it to his fans now to step up and try out a MW the same way BJ stepped up to fight him.

Originally posted by K-Yo View Post
    If GSP wanted to move up to MW this would be a good fight for the fans.

I think he knows himself that Anderson is too difficult a fight for him so this would be a good alternative. They are both a similar height. Would be good to see if GSP can takedown and control a legitimate LHW the way he does at WW.

I think now, in his weight class, there is not much else he can do, he has beaten the best strikers and has taken down and dominated world class wrestlers. He owes it to his fans now to step up and try out a MW the same way BJ stepped up to fight him.

There would defiantly be alot of hype electricity around it, but I personally would hate to see Wandy being constantly takin down and shot at for the whole fight. If GSP wouldn't stand w Hardy do you think you'll get him to exchange w/ the Axe Murderer.

Comment

It depends on how strong Wandy comes in at 185. Prime Wanderlei could defend the TD at 205 against Arona, i think he could do it with GSP.

I need to see both at 185. Wanderlei looked good against Bisping but GSP never fought at 185 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
        It depends on how strong Wandy comes in at 185. Prime Wanderlei could defend the TD at 205 against Arona, i think he could do it with GSP.

I need to see both at 185. Wanderlei looked good against Bisping but GSP never fought at 185 yet.
        "Prime Wandy" may have had the speed to handle it, but he's aged since then and im sure he's not as quick on his feet as then. Plus I dont think Arona's TD's are anything compared to GSP's, p4p gsp trumps him in explosiveness & quickness. With good genes and great athleticism on his side, I can easily see gsp making a comfortable 185 and maintaining his speed.

Comment

I'm as big a nuthugger as both of these guys. But let's be real here fellas.

Michael ****ing Bisping took Wanderlei down like 3 times if I remember correctly.

Georges could take Silva down in his sleep and I think he could put him away there as well. Wanderlei is a black belt but his guard is more for defensive purposes than anything else.

Silva has heavy hands though so anything could happen.

I wouldn't want to see this fight because I love both of these guys, but really, St. Pierre would smash him pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by kymira View Post
            If GSP wouldn't stand w Hardy do you think you'll get him to exchange w/ the Axe Murderer.
            From a technical standpoint. Hardy is waaay better than Silva.

Prime Silva was actually a pretty technical striker with big power. Now it's basically the loopy, offset but effective heavy shot.

I could see GSP avoiding Silva's standing barrage and possibly picking him apart with jabs and straight punches like Liddell did. Plus for some reason Wanderlei is a lot more timid than he used to be. Which I think would make the takedowns of St. Pierre even easier to achieve.

Sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by kymira View Post
              There would defiantly be alot of hype electricity around it, but I personally would hate to see Wandy being constantly takin down and shot at for the whole fight. If GSP wouldn't stand w Hardy do you think you'll get him to exchange w/ the Axe Murderer.
              Of course he's not going to stand w/ Wandy--that's not his game. He's an A+ wrestler w/ B level BJJ and C level striking. GSP would take Wandy down & control the match from there.

Comment

Originally posted by wojosh6 View Post
                Of course he's not going to stand w/ Wandy--that's not his game. He's an A+ wrestler w/ B level BJJ and C level striking. GSP would take Wandy down & control the match from there.
                Watch GSP VS Hieron, Fitch or Alves. Hes an excellent striker A- striker, A+ wrestler and A-Jiujitsu fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
                  Watch GSP VS Hieron, Fitch or Alves. Hes an excellent striker A- striker, A+ wrestler and A-Jiujitsu fighter.
                  Nah, your way over-rating him bro. Wojosh got is right on the nose. Only thing GSP has an A+ in is Wrestling. His stand up is vastly over-rated, it's decent at best; C. His submissions are technique-lacking but brute strength reinforced so he has a solid B.

Anyways, on topic: GSP would rape Wandy. Sadly enough to say, GSP would just wrestle him to death.

Comment

Working...
                  X