Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me on bag (please critique)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EPDxbucDYo

Hey guys, (short clip)
    I'm not a boxer and I am relatively new. Right now I'm just giving it a shot and soon I will join a gym. I know I am not anything special but I would like to make a good first impression when I join - please help me and critique maybe what looks good, but most def. what look bad. Any constructive critisms would be very much appreciated. Thanks alot fellas-

iwagh

[edit:] ignore the radio in background oy vey..
    Last edited by iwagh911; 04-26-2006, 09:47 PM.

pretty good, ur right hook looks weak as hell though you should work on that. Ur straight left is good.

Comment

You tip your left hand. An opponent can tell when you are just going to jab or when you are going to do a one two.

When you are jabbing, you keep your left up. But when you are going for the one-two, you drop your left and that is a fatal mistake if you go up against a righty.

Comment

Also you need to alternate between the head and body more.

Comment

you got a big hitch in your punches...you hooks look like your throwing them with jsut your arms...in fact all you punches are arm punches...get the technique down and practice instead of jsut pounding on the bag

Comment

Join the gym first. You'll look worse if you get into bad habits and go into a gym and pretend you know what you're doing. A real gym will have all ages of new boxers, and you will have to start off with the basics anyways so there's no point in bangin around on the bag to prepare for the gym. good luck.

Comment

Thanks alot, I will join asap- and work on what is lacking.

Comment

Make sure you get at a coach/trainer, and be persistant as some trainers are mean at first but if they see you coming in there 5 days a week and not disappear after your first week or two then they'll work with you.

Comment

Well, you are active. That's good. But you need to go the whole 3 minutes at the same speed. You don't drop your hands too much. That's good. But the punching is rather one-dimensional. Mostly kind of straight with a few hooks. I see you are a lefty. Shame you don't have the bag hung where you can move around it, rather than simply standing directly in front of it. Overall, not bad. You need to let loose though, and hit it with real power once in a while. The heavy bag is for heavy punches. Sparring is for training technique and movement.

Comment

Originally posted by iwagh911
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EPDxbucDYo

Hey guys, (short clip)
                    I'm not a boxer and I am relatively new. Right now I'm just giving it a shot and soon I will join a gym. I know I am not anything special but I would like to make a good first impression when I join - please help me and critique maybe what looks good, but most def. what look bad. Any constructive critisms would be very much appreciated. Thanks alot fellas-

iwagh

[edit:] ignore the radio in background oy vey..
                    you are not fully extending you arms which if you do can help you to not only punch harder, but be less at target rang

after you finish punching you just pose in front of the bag, don't do that, after you finsih punching end it with a few jabs while steping back and move you heavd and/or shoulders as you jab out

when you get close to the bag and you start punching in combination you are leaving yourself wide open, throw you punchs from close to your chin, you throw one punch, the other hand should be by your chin and/or ready to block a punch while deleivering a shot

keep your elbow tucked when you you punchs

other then that you are hitting the bag effective
                    Last edited by ferocity; 04-29-2006, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X