Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really someone wants to see Broner/Burns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really someone wants to see Broner/Burns?

Recently I sat and watched a couple of Ricky Burns's fights and I dont see a fight with Broner going past 3 rounds. Maybe I watched the wrong fights.........Nah it would be a blowout. I aint trying to throw darts at him but there is absolutely no reason to avoid him outside the fact that he wants too much money. Now in his defense I could see why he wants big bucks guaranteed because in his heart of hearts he knows the beating he would be in for. Can anyone enlighten me If Im missing something that would make this fight competitive?

Everyone says this about Burns, like Froch he's the perennial underdog always picked to lose but repeatedly upsets the odds.

Burns named his dog after his favourite fighter...Floyd
    Last edited by Weebler I; 12-30-2012, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Broner hasn't fought anybody with Burns size that is as fast, versatile or technically able. I'd like to see it and see how Broner dealt with Burns angles and movement.

Everybody that has ever fought Broner has stood right infront of him, Rees will do exactly that. Burns style makes this an interesting fight IMO

I genuinely think Ricky has a good chance of out-boxing that flat-footed hypejob.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        Recently I sat and watched a couple of Ricky Burns's fights and I dont see a fight with Broner going past 3 rounds. Maybe I watched the wrong fights.........Nah it would be a blowout. I aint trying to throw darts at him but there is absolutely no reason to avoid him outside the fact that he wants too much money. Now in his defense I could see why he wants big bucks guaranteed because in his heart of hearts he knows the beating he would be in for. Can anyone enlighten me If I'm missing something that would make this fight competitive?
        Haven't you heard? Broner is all hype. He hasn't proven a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          I genuinely think Ricky has a good chance of out-boxing that flat-footed hypejob.
          You beat me to it. hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Everyone says this about Burns, like Froch he's the perennial underdog always picked to lose but repeatedly upsets the odds.

The difference in those two is style. Froch is so live because he's a well conditioned pressure guy. Burns will have to rely on speed and he's just not quick enough to the punch. Especially late in fights.

Broner hasn't fought anybody with Burns size that is as fast, versatile or technically able. I'd like to see it and see how Broner dealt with Burns angles and movement.

Everybody that has ever fought Broner has stood right infront of him, Rees will do exactly that. Burns style makes this an interesting fight IMO

No doubt, he's much better than Rees who will be out of there in 1. He is lengthy but he doesnt use it well. Katsidis got inside anytime he wanted. How is that gonna transfer to Broner who is much faster and has a longer reach.

Comment

broner hasn't fought anyone with rees' size either.

Comment

The difference in those two is style. Froch is so live because he's a well conditioned pressure guy. Burns will have to rely on speed and he's just not quick enough to the punch. Especially late in fights.

No doubt, he's much better than Rees who will be out of there in 1. He is lengthy but he doesnt use it well. Katsidis got inside anytime he wanted. How is that gonna transfer to Broner who is much faster and has a longer reach.

Faster handspeed but not faster feet IMO & he has virtually upper body movement, only time he moves his head is when its getting snapped back or when he does that stupid leaning back & shaking of his head his idol does.
                I think he has terrible footwork & footspeed.
                I am utterly convinced he is far from what he is made out to be.

A poor mans Berto rather than a poor mans Floyd if you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  broner hasn't fought anyone with rees' size either.

This is why you're one of my favourite posters lol, amazing!

Comment

Recently I sat and watched a couple of Ricky Burns's fights and I dont see a fight with Broner going past 3 rounds. Maybe I watched the wrong fights.........Nah it would be a blowout. I aint trying to throw darts at him but there is absolutely no reason to avoid him outside the fact that he wants too much money. Now in his defense I could see why he wants big bucks guaranteed because in his heart of hearts he knows the beating he would be in for. Can anyone enlighten me If Im missing something that would make this fight competitive?
                    Did you watch the Moses fight, Katsidis fight and Recent Mitchell fight? Its funny how everybody see's Broner as this Unstoppable Monster with God-like boxing skills and Little crap bum Ricky Burns who has no power, speed, chin or technique to even make it past the second stands no chance with the MIGHTY ADRIEN BRONER!!! lol give me a break! the guy has been fighting little zombie-like mexicans who are scared to death and also has been basically a welterweight on fight night while fighting those guys, Broner is good but WAYYYYY Overhyped, Burns is a very good technical boxer with long arms, a great jab, tight guard and punches very well to the head and body, He is also a BIG dude, he will also come in at fight night around 140-148 lbs.

I will still pick broner to win by a UD (like a 116-112 or 115-113 type scorecard) But at the same time i wouldnt be shocked if burns wins.

Comment

Working...
                    X