Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price: Nobody Has Done That To Skelton Before!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a decent performance

The one thing about Skelton, he IS messy, he had nothing to lose and went in, head down, take a few to get in and land a few, kamikaze style.

Price took this fight to fight a guy who is a good inside fighter, he took him out well, Skelton has a bowling ball head, he took a couple of head shots so price switched up, went downstairs and took him out early

Yeah skelton is old, but he started boxing late, and it's not like he was ever some athletic guy, he's always just been a rough customer, he fights exactly the same as he always has. Kubrat Pulev didn't do no better against Skelton a couple years ago.

Price knows he needs to work on preventing guys from getting inside, he's still a prospect, he's still learning

I don't see the problem
    Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 12-01-2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
      Good post.

Price got nailed with 3 or 4 clean shots in the 1st 5 seconds of the fight and a few more shots before the fight ended. I think the Harrison fight made me conclude that Price was improving in leaps-and-bounds, when it was really just the utter crapiness of Harrison.

I still think Price has a lot of potential, though.
      Exactly.

I'm surprised the announcers weren't commenting more about this.

I mean those shots were clean; if Skelton punched a bit harder, who knows... Price just seemed loss on the inside.

But again, he's the top candidate to beat either K2 bro.

Comment

Are some fans really stating that Price is a threat to Wlad or Vitali after watching that fight? Are you kidding me? Price better learn how to put a stiff jab out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
          Are some fans really stating that Price is a threat to Wlad or Vitali after watching that fight? Are you kidding me? Price better learn how to put a stiff jab out there.
          If you're talking about me, no one said he beats them. Out of all the HW's competing to take the K2 throne, I think Price has the best "chance" outside of David Haye to beat Wlad or Vitali. Does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            I think Price has the best "chance" outside of David Haye to beat Wlad or Vitali. Does that make sense?
            two words, m8: kubrat pulev.

Comment

Really hope he steps up now. He should be going for the EBU title in early 2013, before taking on some name ranked (top 20) fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                If you're talking about me, no one said he beats them. Out of all the HW's competing to take the K2 throne, I think Price has the best "chance" outside of David Haye to beat Wlad or Vitali. Does that make sense?
                Honestly, no it doesn't make sense to me. I believe, just to name a couple, that Pulev, Solis and I would even give Pusvetkin a better chance against them. I am not saying that he can't get better but after watching the Skelton fight I believe Wlad would easily Wach all over Price. But in fairness to Price he does only have 15 fights. Therefore he should be allowed to fight at least a few more fights as he moves up the competition before he even thinks about going up against Wlad.

Comment

i agree david price but don't forget skelton is 45 years old and probably spent his best years in the fight game as a kickboxer many many years ago.but that aside someone has to retire these kind of guys and free up the rankings a bit i would say out with the old in with the new.there's been talk of a fight with tony thompson but if that fall's through there's a guy called lucas browne,who is a former mma star has only been boxing for a couple of years but would make for a interesting fight my opinion anyway.look him up.

Comment

lol my post got deleted lol!

Price if he's going to fight bums he should be fighting at least 12 times a year he can pick them out of the audience and we can all have a jolly good time!

Can't wait to see Klitchko rape match! lol man skleton...wow...

Hey guys i dropped a deuce, means about as much as a Skleton fight. LOL

Comment

just watched the fight. based on it, I think we now know that

1. price needs to work on his defense and footwork A LOT before he can challenge wladimir. though probably less attractive, he should make better use of his reach, just like wladimir does.

2. price does not have a glass chin. the shots he took were clean, and he was not hurt. of course, skelton is no wladimir or haye in terms of punching power, but I think price's chin is at least mediocre.

3. price is not just a headhunter.

Comment

Working...
                      X